Emotional Intelligence: Key to PersonalandProfessional Success - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Emotional Intelligence: Key to PersonalandProfessional Success
Location: Old Gym
Studies have shown that people with high Emotional Intelligence (EI) have greater mental health, job performance, and leadership skills. To sum it up in a single, simple sentence: "Emotional intelligence is the ability to make emotions work for you, instead of against you." Learn mindfulness practices and tools to develop your capacity to observe your feelings and actions, take responsibility for them and cultivate empathy. You will learn to consciously respond rather than unconsciously react to life situations and thus create a more positive environment for your life.
No experience is necessary. Experience with mindfulness and attendance of the Mindfulness Tools for Wellness and Stress Management workshop is helpful but not required.
November 18, 2017, Saturday
Instructor: Bernie Schreck
Bernie Schreck is a longtime instructor of meditation and Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Bernie enjoys leading his courses with care and compassion, provides a supportive environment and a stimulating learning experience.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $35
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of November 12, 2017||Next →|
- UH Hilo Student Association Vacancies
- UH Hilo Students, are you interested in advocating for your peers and expanding your leadership opportunities? UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) might be the place for you. ...
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.