Emotional Intelligence: Key to PersonalandProfessional Success - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Emotional Intelligence: Key to PersonalandProfessional Success
Location: Old Gym
Studies have shown that people with high Emotional Intelligence (EI) have greater mental health, job performance, and leadership skills. To sum it up in a single, simple sentence: "Emotional intelligence is the ability to make emotions work for you, instead of against you." Learn mindfulness practices and tools to develop your capacity to observe your feelings and actions, take responsibility for them and cultivate empathy. You will learn to consciously respond rather than unconsciously react to life situations and thus create a more positive environment for your life.
No experience is necessary. Experience with mindfulness and attendance of the Mindfulness Tools for Wellness and Stress Management workshop is helpful but not required.
November 18, 2017, Saturday
Instructor: Bernie Schreck
Bernie Schreck is a longtime instructor of meditation and Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Bernie enjoys leading his courses with care and compassion, provides a supportive environment and a stimulating learning experience.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $35
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of November 12, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.