Eating Mindfully for the Holidays - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eating Mindfully for the Holidays
Location: K 109
Looking for a way to enjoy the holidays without excessive indulgence in food and drink? Join Sarah Josef for a practical workshop to explore strategies and approaches for healthier holiday eating. Learn ways to enjoy your meals without the pressure of traditional diets, so you can mindfully eat without guilt or remorse.
November 6, 2017, Monday
Instructor: Sarah Josef
Sarah Josef is a Health at Every Size dietitian who promotes honoring one's body size, culture, and food preferences to promote nourishment and positive self-regard. Her teaching is based on 20 years' experience with disordered eating clients, motivating long-term, clinical trial research participants at Kaiser's Division of Research, and mentoring students at San Francisco State University (SFSU) as the Director of the Dietetics Program. Her B.S. Degree in Dietetics and M.A. in Holistic Health Education fostered her whole-person approach to health.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $25
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of November 5, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.