Dramedy 101 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UCB 104
Moving past the simple sitcom, learn the basic skills to produce a 44 minute dramedy (comedy-drama). The first class will focus on brainstorming the show’s concept and establishing roles. From there, we’ll write the script, rehearse the lines, build the set, and finally shoot the show. Whether you prefer to be “behind-the-scenes” or the star of the show, bring your own unique skills and talents to this fun project and see all your creativity on the screen.
This class requires extensive teamwork, collaboration, compromise, and a spirit of adventure!
September 11 - October 18, 2017, Mondays & Wednesdays
Instructor: Adam Sydney
Having taught storytelling and writing classes for nearly ten years, Adam Sydney has two master's degrees in screenwriting and presently works in the entertainment industry as a screenplay evaluator. He has also published three novels and has worked as a journalist, creative director at an advertising agency, and the head of development at a film production company.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $150
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.