Dance for Everyone: Popping 101 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dance for Everyone: Popping 101
Location: Old Gym
This class will cover popping basics, including: tutting, botting, ticking, strobing, dime stopping, isolations and more. You'll learn how to move intricately with music in ways you may not have ventured before. Not just for youth, popping is a low-impact dance style that is great for anyone with a sense of fun and exploration.
Participants may dance in either bare feet or socks.
August 31 - November 2, 2017, Thursdays
Instructor: Max Belliard
Max L Belliard Jr. was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky. Max began his dancing journey at the age of 18 after experiencing his first bboy jam, City vs City 7, in Chicago, Illinois. He began training everyday, traveling to NYC and the Midwest attending dance battles. Since 2010, Max has performed and trained at numerous battles, dance camps and facilities.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
Required: Please bring water and wear comfortable clothing that you can move in.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of August 27, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.