Conversational French - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: K 108
Native French speaker and long time French instructor, Sylvie Garnero, introduces you to the French language. Through observation and actual practice, you will learn how the French communicate and then replicate it through the use of proper words and grammar. Upon registering, please state if you have learned any French in recent years.
September 13 - November 1, 2017, Wednesdays
Instructor: Sylvie Garnero
Bonjour! Born and raised in France, Sylvie studied at the University of Paris IV (Sorbonne) and then Paris VIII (Vincennes-Saint Denis) where she received a B.A. with a major in ESL and an M.A. in Linguistics. She has been living in Hawaiʻi for 30 years and teaching her native language at all levels for many years. Sylvie holds Hawaiʻi dearly and has adapted her French teaching to the Polynesian style that she enjoyed in Tahiti. A true believer in the importance of learning at least another language in order to develop and/or to keep your brain working, Sylvie enjoys starting children at a very young age and likes to 'entertain' seniors... She looks forward to seeing you at class! Au revoir!
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $100
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.