Conversational French - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: K 108
Native French speaker and long time French instructor, Sylvie Garnero, introduces you to the French language. Through observation and actual practice, you will learn how the French communicate and then replicate it through the use of proper words and grammar. Upon registering, please state if you have learned any French in recent years.
September 13 - November 1, 2017, Wednesdays
Instructor: Sylvie Garnero
Bonjour! Born and raised in France, Sylvie studied at the University of Paris IV (Sorbonne) and then Paris VIII (Vincennes-Saint Denis) where she received a B.A. with a major in ESL and an M.A. in Linguistics. She has been living in Hawaiʻi for 30 years and teaching her native language at all levels for many years. Sylvie holds Hawaiʻi dearly and has adapted her French teaching to the Polynesian style that she enjoyed in Tahiti. A true believer in the importance of learning at least another language in order to develop and/or to keep your brain working, Sylvie enjoys starting children at a very young age and likes to 'entertain' seniors... She looks forward to seeing you at class! Au revoir!
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $100
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.