Conversational French - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: K 108
Native French speaker and long time French instructor, Sylvie Garnero, introduces you to the French language. Through observation and actual practice, you will learn how the French communicate and then replicate it through the use of proper words and grammar. Upon registering, please state if you have learned any French in recent years.
September 13 - November 1, 2017, Wednesdays
Instructor: Sylvie Garnero
Bonjour! Born and raised in France, Sylvie studied at the University of Paris IV (Sorbonne) and then Paris VIII (Vincennes-Saint Denis) where she received a B.A. with a major in ESL and an M.A. in Linguistics. She has been living in Hawaiʻi for 30 years and teaching her native language at all levels for many years. Sylvie holds Hawaiʻi dearly and has adapted her French teaching to the Polynesian style that she enjoyed in Tahiti. A true believer in the importance of learning at least another language in order to develop and/or to keep your brain working, Sylvie enjoys starting children at a very young age and likes to 'entertain' seniors... She looks forward to seeing you at class! Au revoir!
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $100
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.