Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF
New to computers? All the courses are aimed at complete beginners, so you don't need experience to get started. Everyone was a beginner at one point. This training will teach you the basics about using your computer with topics ranging from mouse navigation, opening and closing windows, powering on/off, getting on the internet, saving your files, setting up an email account, and even how to transfer photos from your camera to your hard drive.
This class is excellent for those new to computers or just brushing up your computer skills to help you find employment.
By the end of this course, you will:
Be familiar with basic computer hardware components, like the keyboard and mouse.
Understand the difference between PCs and Macs (a.k.a. Operating Systems)
Be oriented to the Desktop.
Be familiar with Windows.
Be able to create, edit, and organize files and folders.
Be familiar on the internet
Be able to create and check a GMail email account.
Be familiar with some keyboard shortcuts and right-click functions.
Be able to startup, logon, logoff, and shutdown the computer.
Discount Package includes all 2 sections.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, September 11-18
Instructor: Evan Clark
Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida. Evan has taught technology classes to adults for over 10 years.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
Discount Package: $140
Required: Ability to operate a computer.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
- APIA Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from the Asian & Pacific Islander American (APIA) Scholars! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards for the 2021-2022 school year. Deadline to apply: January 14, 2021. ...
- Martin Luther King Day - Student Life Center is CLOSED
- The Student Life Center will be CLOSED on Monday January 18th.
- Hohonu Submissions are Open!
- Every year, Hohonu publishes an academic journal filled with papers submitted by students. Submissions are accessed by the Hohonu staff and from there are either accepted into the editing process or denied. ...
- Kanilehua Visual Poetry Event
- The Kanilehua team is accepting requests for Kailehua to send out take-home materials to create a piece of "visual poetry" - poetry that incorporates elements of both visual art and literature. ...
- BOSP Secretary Open Position
- Open Position with the Board of Student Publications! Secretary Applicant Must be a UH HILO STUDENT IN GOOD ACADEMIC STANDING, HAVE A MINIMUM GPA OF 2.0, AND MUST BE ENROLLED IN AT LEAST SIX CREDITS. ...
- BOSP Publicist Open Position
- Open Position with Board of Student Publications! Publicist Applicant Must be a UH Hilo Student in good academic standing, have a minimum GPA of 2.0, and must be enrolled in at least six credits. ...
- 2021-22 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2021-22 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2020. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2021! Deadline for ...
- Now Accepting UHHSA Hilo Ambassador Applications
- Calling all UH Hilo students! Your UH Hilo Student Association's (UHHSA) Hilo Ambassador program is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year. ...
- RISO Registration for 2020-2021 is now open
- The 2020-2021 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 26, 2021 at 4:30pm. ...
- 2021-22 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2020, students can complete their 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2021. ...
- UHHSA Care Packages
- Aloha students! We at the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) know how difficult this academic year has been! For students who have had a tough time getting to campus, and for students who have had a tough time having ...
- UHHSA Applications Open! Apply Now!
- UHHSA Applications are open. The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is responsible for representing the entire student body and improving the lives of UH Hilo students via methods including, but not limited to, advocacy and ...
- Student Arts Association
- Announcement of Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings Meet your fellow artists! All UH Hilo students are welcome! Social time to brainstorm creative ideas for our networking and activities. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.