Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF
New to computers? All the courses are aimed at complete beginners, so you don't need experience to get started. Everyone was a beginner at one point. This training will teach you the basics about using your computer with topics ranging from mouse navigation, opening and closing windows, powering on/off, getting on the internet, saving your files, setting up an email account, and even how to transfer photos from your camera to your hard drive.
This class is excellent for those new to computers or just brushing up your computer skills to help you find employment.
By the end of this course, you will:
Be familiar with basic computer hardware components, like the keyboard and mouse.
Understand the difference between PCs and Macs (a.k.a. Operating Systems)
Be oriented to the Desktop.
Be familiar with Windows.
Be able to create, edit, and organize files and folders.
Be familiar on the internet
Be able to create and check a GMail email account.
Be familiar with some keyboard shortcuts and right-click functions.
Be able to startup, logon, logoff, and shutdown the computer.
Discount Package includes all 2 sections.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, September 11-18
Instructor: Evan Clark
Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida. Evan has taught technology classes to adults for over 10 years.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
Discount Package: $140
Required: Ability to operate a computer.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- 2018-19 FAFSA Available Now
- Effective October 1, 2017, students can complete their 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2018. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.