Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF
New to computers? All the courses are aimed at complete beginners, so you don't need experience to get started. Everyone was a beginner at one point. This training will teach you the basics about using your computer with topics ranging from mouse navigation, opening and closing windows, powering on/off, getting on the internet, saving your files, setting up an email account, and even how to transfer photos from your camera to your hard drive.
This class is excellent for those new to computers or just brushing up your computer skills to help you find employment.
By the end of this course, you will:
Be familiar with basic computer hardware components, like the keyboard and mouse.
Understand the difference between PCs and Macs (a.k.a. Operating Systems)
Be oriented to the Desktop.
Be familiar with Windows.
Be able to create, edit, and organize files and folders.
Be familiar on the internet
Be able to create and check a GMail email account.
Be familiar with some keyboard shortcuts and right-click functions.
Be able to startup, logon, logoff, and shutdown the computer.
Discount Package includes all 2 sections.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, September 11-18
Instructor: Evan Clark
Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida. Evan has taught technology classes to adults for over 10 years.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
Discount Package: $140
Required: Ability to operate a computer.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- Accepting Applications for HOSA Chapter Executive Council
- Positions Open: President Elect 1(Fall 2017), President Elect 2 (2017-2018 SY), Secretary, Treasurer, Director of Community Outreach, Editor-In-Chief, and Historian. Contact Lark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Study Abroad Fall 2018 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2018 or the academic year ('18-'19) you need to submit your application by October 2, 2017. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.