Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Basic Computer Skills Training for the PC-Part 1 *ETF
New to computers? All the courses are aimed at complete beginners, so you don't need experience to get started. Everyone was a beginner at one point. This training will teach you the basics about using your computer with topics ranging from mouse navigation, opening and closing windows, powering on/off, getting on the internet, saving your files, setting up an email account, and even how to transfer photos from your camera to your hard drive.
This class is excellent for those new to computers or just brushing up your computer skills to help you find employment.
By the end of this course, you will:
Be familiar with basic computer hardware components, like the keyboard and mouse.
Understand the difference between PCs and Macs (a.k.a. Operating Systems)
Be oriented to the Desktop.
Be familiar with Windows.
Be able to create, edit, and organize files and folders.
Be familiar on the internet
Be able to create and check a GMail email account.
Be familiar with some keyboard shortcuts and right-click functions.
Be able to startup, logon, logoff, and shutdown the computer.
Discount Package includes all 2 sections.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, September 11-18
Instructor: Evan Clark
Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida. Evan has taught technology classes to adults for over 10 years.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
Discount Package: $140
Required: Ability to operate a computer.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.