Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2
Location: K 104
Students will explore a variety of mediums with an emphasis on dry media, including watercolor, paper sculpture, and colored pencil. They will expand their creativity by developing both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional projects. In addition, students will learn to develop and plan their ideas through sketching, and incorporate dynamic elements with color and texture. Projects will be different from the Summer 2017 class.
Mondays, September 11-November 6
Instructor: Kellie Miyazu
Kellie is a graduate of the University of Hawai'i at Hilo with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art. She has spent the past several years doing freelance graphic design. Kellie is the Creator and Coordinator of the Youth Arts Series at the East Hawai‘i Cultural Center. She can also be found teaching art at Waiakeawaena Elementary School as well as part of E.B. DeSilva’s EdVenture after school enrichment program. In addition to teaching, and her digital design work, Kellie is also a freelance artist with a passion for drawing and painting.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $115
Please have your child wear clothes that can get a little messy.
This class is for ages 8-10.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.