Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2
Location: K 104
Students will explore a variety of mediums with an emphasis on dry media, including watercolor, paper sculpture, and colored pencil. They will expand their creativity by developing both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional projects. In addition, students will learn to develop and plan their ideas through sketching, and incorporate dynamic elements with color and texture. Projects will be different from the Summer 2017 class.
Mondays, September 11-November 6
Instructor: Kellie Miyazu
Kellie is a graduate of the University of Hawai'i at Hilo with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art. She has spent the past several years doing freelance graphic design. Kellie is the Creator and Coordinator of the Youth Arts Series at the East Hawai‘i Cultural Center. She can also be found teaching art at Waiakeawaena Elementary School as well as part of E.B. DeSilva’s EdVenture after school enrichment program. In addition to teaching, and her digital design work, Kellie is also a freelance artist with a passion for drawing and painting.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $115
Please have your child wear clothes that can get a little messy.
This class is for ages 8-10.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- Peer Mentor Program
- Are you a First Year Student or Transfer Student? Do you want to feel connected to campus with having a peer mentor? UH Hilo has officially opened registration for the Mentor Collective, a specially designed program that connects students ...
- Committee Chairs Needed for Relay For Life!
- Aloha Vulcans! Colleges Against Cancer (CAC) is currently recruiting for the following committee chair positions in preparation for Relay For Life 2018 at UH Hilo: Accounting, Spirit Week, Luminaria, and Team Captains. Email uhhrelay@hawaii. ...
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. ...
- ASD Student Support Group
- ASD Student Support Group The ASD Support Group is for students who are part of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. ...
- Fall 2017 Support Groups
- Counseling Services Present: Fall 2017 Counseling & Support Groups All UH Hilo students are welcome! There is no charge for our services. All services respect your privacy and confidentiality. ...
- Support for Students with Disabilities Group
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric or other disabilities. ...
- Women's Support Group
- The UH Hilo Counseling Center Women's Support Group, is for female students that are seeking to provide and receive support from other like-minded women, please join us for a time of healing, sharing and empowerment. ...
- New to UH Hilo Support Group
- Transitioning to Campus Life can be difficult. Students new to the University of Hawaii at Hilo are invited to join us for a time to connect, share and get support in your new journey. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF General Scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. ...
- 2018-19 FAFSA Available Now
- Effective October 1, 2017, students can complete their 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2018. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.