Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2
Location: K 104
Students will explore a variety of mediums with an emphasis on dry media, including watercolor, paper sculpture, and colored pencil. They will expand their creativity by developing both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional projects. In addition, students will learn to develop and plan their ideas through sketching, and incorporate dynamic elements with color and texture. Projects will be different from the Summer 2017 class.
Mondays, September 11-November 6
Instructor: Kellie Miyazu
Kellie is a graduate of the University of Hawai'i at Hilo with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art. She has spent the past several years doing freelance graphic design. Kellie is the Creator and Coordinator of the Youth Arts Series at the East Hawai‘i Cultural Center. She can also be found teaching art at Waiakeawaena Elementary School as well as part of E.B. DeSilva’s EdVenture after school enrichment program. In addition to teaching, and her digital design work, Kellie is also a freelance artist with a passion for drawing and painting.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $115
Please have your child wear clothes that can get a little messy.
This class is for ages 8-10.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.