Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Keiki-Mixed Media 2
Location: K 104
Students will explore a variety of mediums with an emphasis on dry media, including watercolor, paper sculpture, and colored pencil. They will expand their creativity by developing both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional projects. In addition, students will learn to develop and plan their ideas through sketching, and incorporate dynamic elements with color and texture. Projects will be different from the Summer 2017 class.
Mondays, September 11-November 6
Instructor: Kellie Miyazu
Kellie is a graduate of the University of Hawai'i at Hilo with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art. She has spent the past several years doing freelance graphic design. Kellie is the Creator and Coordinator of the Youth Arts Series at the East Hawai‘i Cultural Center. She can also be found teaching art at Waiakeawaena Elementary School as well as part of E.B. DeSilva’s EdVenture after school enrichment program. In addition to teaching, and her digital design work, Kellie is also a freelance artist with a passion for drawing and painting.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $115
Please have your child wear clothes that can get a little messy.
This class is for ages 8-10.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- Accepting Applications for HOSA Chapter Executive Council
- Positions Open: President Elect 1(Fall 2017), President Elect 2 (2017-2018 SY), Secretary, Treasurer, Director of Community Outreach, Editor-In-Chief, and Historian. Contact Lark at email@example.com for more information.
- Study Abroad Fall 2018 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2018 or the academic year ('18-'19) you need to submit your application by October 2, 2017. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.