Art for Keiki- Encaustic Monotype Printing Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Keiki- Encaustic Monotype Printing Workshop
Location: Manono Campus, Building 389 Art Studio
The process of creating artwork that is encaustic sounds complex, but is actually a fun and simple way to produce quick, colorful works of art with bees wax, damar crystals, and ground pigments. Encaustic Monotype Prints can be made more intricate with layers, adding ink drawings and charcoal rubbings. Participants will take home multiple prints and will be able to mount a single piece on a wood panel as a completed work of art ready for display. These prints are great as gifts or just to personalize a room in your home.
Saturday, November 18
Instructor: Kevin Diminyatz
Kevin Diminyatz is originally from the San Francisco Bay Area. He graduated from Sonoma State University in 1995 with a B.F.A in Printmaking and a minor in Art History. In 1998, Kevin received a Masters of Fine Arts in Painting from Mills College and began teaching art in High School while maintaining a studio practice and showing regularly in Bay Area and Los Angeles galleries. In 2007, Kevin and his wife, Miho, moved from San Francisco to Volcano where he now lives and works as a lecturer in the art departments of University Hawaii Hilo and Hawaii Community College. Kevin's interest in encaustics began over 25 years ago while a student of Mark Perlman, who is an accomplished encaustic painter.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $45
Please wear clothes that can get messy.
This class is for ages 6-11.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of November 12, 2017||Next →|
- 4th Annual Domestic Violence Summit
- Hawaii Community College and the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo will host the 4th Annual Domestic Violence Summit with college students as the focus. The summit is on Friday, October 19, 2018 at ʻImiloa Astronomy Center from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ...
- Pre-Law Club is looking for new members
- Awesome and active club for future attorneys or law officers. Contact club President Harley Broyles at email@example.com to join or for more information.
- Fill out a sustainability survey, win $50
- Aloha, Come fill out a short survey on sustainability and enter a drawing for $50. The survey is for research being done at UH Hilo in cooperation with Appalachian State University. ...
- Campus & Community Service Fall Food Drive
- From October 29 - November 14, 2018, the Campus and Community Service program will be hosting our Fall Food Drive. We ask you to please help those in need by donating non-perishable food that we can donate to the Hawaii Island Food Basket. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2019 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Love Yourself: Body Wellness and ED Support Group
- Counseling Services is hosting a support group for students with body image concerns called "Love Yourself: Body Wellness and Eating Disorders. ...
- Go Global: France Summer 2019
- Spend your summer participating in an INTENSIVE 4-week program taught in English through ESSCA: School of Management. ...
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. For the registration pack and information regard UH Hilo clubs please visit our website. hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.