Art for Keiki- Encaustic Monotype Printing Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Keiki- Encaustic Monotype Printing Workshop
Location: Manono Campus, Building 389 Art Studio
The process of creating artwork that is encaustic sounds complex, but is actually a fun and simple way to produce quick, colorful works of art with bees wax, damar crystals, and ground pigments. Encaustic Monotype Prints can be made more intricate with layers, adding ink drawings and charcoal rubbings. Participants will take home multiple prints and will be able to mount a single piece on a wood panel as a completed work of art ready for display. These prints are great as gifts or just to personalize a room in your home.
Saturday, November 18
Instructor: Kevin Diminyatz
Kevin Diminyatz is originally from the San Francisco Bay Area. He graduated from Sonoma State University in 1995 with a B.F.A in Printmaking and a minor in Art History. In 1998, Kevin received a Masters of Fine Arts in Painting from Mills College and began teaching art in High School while maintaining a studio practice and showing regularly in Bay Area and Los Angeles galleries. In 2007, Kevin and his wife, Miho, moved from San Francisco to Volcano where he now lives and works as a lecturer in the art departments of University Hawaii Hilo and Hawaii Community College. Kevin's interest in encaustics began over 25 years ago while a student of Mark Perlman, who is an accomplished encaustic painter.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $45
Please wear clothes that can get messy.
This class is for ages 6-11.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of November 12, 2017||Next →|
- 2018-19 FAFSA Available Now
- Effective October 1, 2017, students can complete their 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2018. ...
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 23 & Saturday, February 24 features performances from around the world. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.