Art for Everyone: Abstract Expressive Painting Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Everyone: Abstract Expressive Painting Workshop
Location: K 104
In this short workshop, participants will learn the skills needed to produce small, personalized paintings that make perfect holiday gifts. Students will complete one abstract expressive painting, releasing stress and letting go of control. Canvas stretching and preparation will also be covered, leaving students with a blank canvas ready for their next work.
Saturday, November 4
Instructor: Kellie Miyazu
Kellie is a graduate of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art. She has spent the past several years doing freelance graphic design. Kellie is the Creator and Coordinator of the Youth Arts Series at the East Hawai‘i Cultural Center. She can also be found teaching art at Waiakeawaena Elementary School as well as part of E.B. DeSilva’s EdVenture after school enrichment program. In addition to teaching, and her digital design work, Kellie is also a freelance artist with a passion for drawing and painting.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
Please wear clothes that can get messy.
This class is for ages 12 and up.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of October 29, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.