Art for Everyone: Abstract Expressive Painting Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Everyone: Abstract Expressive Painting Workshop
Location: K 104
In this short workshop, participants will learn the skills needed to produce small, personalized paintings that make perfect holiday gifts. Students will complete one abstract expressive painting, releasing stress and letting go of control. Canvas stretching and preparation will also be covered, leaving students with a blank canvas ready for their next work.
Saturday, November 4
Instructor: Kellie Miyazu
Kellie is a graduate of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art. She has spent the past several years doing freelance graphic design. Kellie is the Creator and Coordinator of the Youth Arts Series at the East Hawai‘i Cultural Center. She can also be found teaching art at Waiakeawaena Elementary School as well as part of E.B. DeSilva’s EdVenture after school enrichment program. In addition to teaching, and her digital design work, Kellie is also a freelance artist with a passion for drawing and painting.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
Please wear clothes that can get messy.
This class is for ages 12 and up.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of October 29, 2017Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.