Video Production Class - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Video Production Class
Location: UCB 125 (Mac Lab)
Students will go beyond basic recording of videos on mobile devices by learning from professionals who have worked in the film, television and recording industries. Using iPads, students will complete all of the steps to producing a short informational video, including researching the topic, writing the script, storyboarding, directing, shooting footage, and editing. This is a fun and interactive way for youth to work as a team, plan, organize, problem solve and be creative. Video topics will be focused on current UH Hilo research projects, giving students a taste of not just video production, but also exposing them to the university environment.
Dates: Jul 24-Jul 28, M/T/W/Th/F 9:00am-4:00pm
Instructors: Evan Clark, Adam Sydney, and Artin Mardirousi
Evan Clark: Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida.
Adam Sydney: Having taught storytelling and writing classes for nearly ten years, Adam has two master's degrees in screenwriting and presently works in the entertainment industry as a screenplay evaluator. He has also published three novels and has worked as a journalist, creative director at an advertising agency, and the head of development at a film production company.
Artin Mardirousi: Artin Mardirousi worked as freelance videographer and production assistant for television shows and commercials, and studied at UCLA with a degree in Philosophy and minor film.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $250
Required: Students should bring their own iPad (Generation 2 or newer), if available.
There will be limited loaners. Bring lunch, water, and snacks. Students may not leave campus during the program.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 23, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.