Video Production Class - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Video Production Class
Location: UCB 125 (Mac Lab)
Students will go beyond basic recording of videos on mobile devices by learning from professionals who have worked in the film, television and recording industries. Using iPads, students will complete all of the steps to producing a short informational video, including researching the topic, writing the script, storyboarding, directing, shooting footage, and editing. This is a fun and interactive way for youth to work as a team, plan, organize, problem solve and be creative. Video topics will be focused on current UH Hilo research projects, giving students a taste of not just video production, but also exposing them to the university environment.
Dates: Jul 24-Jul 28, M/T/W/Th/F 9:00am-4:00pm
Instructors: Evan Clark, Adam Sydney, and Artin Mardirousi
Evan Clark: Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida.
Adam Sydney: Having taught storytelling and writing classes for nearly ten years, Adam has two master's degrees in screenwriting and presently works in the entertainment industry as a screenplay evaluator. He has also published three novels and has worked as a journalist, creative director at an advertising agency, and the head of development at a film production company.
Artin Mardirousi: Artin Mardirousi worked as freelance videographer and production assistant for television shows and commercials, and studied at UCLA with a degree in Philosophy and minor film.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $250
Required: Students should bring their own iPad (Generation 2 or newer), if available.
There will be limited loaners. Bring lunch, water, and snacks. Students may not leave campus during the program.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 23, 2017Next →
- Subconscious Writing
- A new approach for seasoned writers or individuals just beginning to explore creative writing, this comprehensive workshop offers strategies that will help students silence the inner critic, become more creative, and surprise themselves with ...
- Video Production Principles, Part 1
- This free series is for registered UH Hilo students only. Must have a UH student ID # to register. Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Build a Successful Advertising Campaign
- This two-part class will walk students through the stages of building a coordinated campaign, from developing an objective statement through the creative and practical elements necessary for building on the success of your company. ...
- Art for Everyone: Japanese Woodblock Printing
- Learn traditional Japanese woodblock printing methods and techniques in this non-credit class. Instructions will include preparation of washi paper, image transfer, cutting blocks, and printing techniques, as well as some history and vocabulary. ...
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at go.hawaii. ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.