Video Production Class - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Video Production Class
Location: UCB 125 (Mac Lab)
Students will go beyond basic recording of videos on mobile devices by learning from professionals who have worked in the film, television and recording industries. Using iPads, students will complete all of the steps to producing a short informational video, including researching the topic, writing the script, storyboarding, directing, shooting footage, and editing. This is a fun and interactive way for youth to work as a team, plan, organize, problem solve and be creative. Video topics will be focused on current UH Hilo research projects, giving students a taste of not just video production, but also exposing them to the university environment.
Dates: Jul 24-Jul 28, M/T/W/Th/F 9:00am-4:00pm
Instructors: Evan Clark, Adam Sydney, and Artin Mardirousi
Evan Clark: Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida.
Adam Sydney: Having taught storytelling and writing classes for nearly ten years, Adam has two master's degrees in screenwriting and presently works in the entertainment industry as a screenplay evaluator. He has also published three novels and has worked as a journalist, creative director at an advertising agency, and the head of development at a film production company.
Artin Mardirousi: Artin Mardirousi worked as freelance videographer and production assistant for television shows and commercials, and studied at UCLA with a degree in Philosophy and minor film.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $250
Required: Students should bring their own iPad (Generation 2 or newer), if available.
There will be limited loaners. Bring lunch, water, and snacks. Students may not leave campus during the program.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 23, 2017Next →
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Call for Submissions - Hohonu
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Journal for Academic Writing is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 publication. The final deadline is January 24th. For more information please contact Hohonu at hohonu@hawaii. ...
- Open Positions for the Board of Student Publications!
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is currently seeking students who are interested in making a difference by getting involved in their campus community; forging sustainable relationships with students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo; and ...
- Call for Volunteers 25th Annual UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a
- Aloha Vulcans! The UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a committee is seeking volunteers to help with our 25th annual event. All those interested in volunteering are asked to fill out this form: https://forms. ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.