Writing from the Heart - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Writing from the Heart
Location: UCB 104
The most powerful writing comes from the heart. What do you care about? What inspires you? What is special in your life? Write about the people and things that matter to you. Write to touch, inspire, move, persuade, and provoke readers. Write with emotion, write with spirit. Write from your own truest self to help others find theirs. This course explores the kind of writing that changes people, oneself included. And it begins honestly, one word, one day at a time. Class includes short writing exercises and tips and tricks, including creating a safe space for writing, overcoming barriers to writing, taking chances with emotion and humor, techniques to inspire and persuade.
Dates: July 6 - 20, 2017, Thursdays, 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Instructor: Frances Kai-Hwa Wang
Instructor Bio: Frances Kai-Hwa Wang, a writer, speaker, activist and multicultural educator who teaches at the University of Michigan, and is the author of “Where Lava Meets the Sea—Asian Pacific American Postcards from Hawaii” instructs this dynamic workshop that is open to anyone.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
Required: Bring a notebook and pen.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 2, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Independence Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.