Understanding Obesity - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
In this informative and practical class, Olga Sideleva breaks down the complex science behind obesity to help participants understand the physiology, causes, consequences and current treatments available. Participants will gain a better understanding of obesity and the many factors that relate to it, including hormones, body types, diabetes, genetics and more.
Dates: July 10 - 31, 2017, Mondays, 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Instructor: Olga Sideleva
Instructor Bio: Olga Sideleva earned a Ph.D. in Genetics from St. Petersburg University in Russia. She has over 20 years of experience in biological research. Dr. Sideleva also holds professional certifications as a teacher and a professional cook in the Russian Federation. She enjoys making complex material easy to understand. She brings her fun, enthusiastic and warm personality to her classes, and is looking forward to sharing her knowledge with our community.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $45
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 9, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.