Practical Steps to a Better Life - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Practical Steps to a Better Life
Location: K 112
Start making changes in your life to better manage stress, improve your self-esteem, and create balance and equanimity. Hugh Montgomery will guide participants in both planning and implementing changes in lifestyle by learning about health and well-being, examining their current life practices, working on creating balance of physical, mental/emotional/spiritual and social well-being, and creating and moving toward personal goals. This class will be both informative and practical, with discussion and directed activities as a large part of each class.
Dates: July 11 - August 1, 2017, Tuesdays, 10:00am - 12:00pm
Instructor: Hugh Montgomery
Instructor Bio:Hugh Montgomery, PhD, is a 45-year resident of the Ka`apahu ahupua`a` in Hāmākua. A practicing psychologist for 25 years, he subsequently owned and operated a hiking tour company for more than 20 years, immersing himself in the natural and cultural history of the Island. Blending his lifelong love of walking in natural settings with his interest in working with people to open more choices in their lives and appreciating the wonders of where they live, he has also undertaken the study of aging and the options we have for infusing greater quality into that process. These course offerings are the outcome of his persistent engagement with learning and sharing what works to enhance our lives.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $65
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 9, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.