Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1
Location: UCB 331
Learn the basics of guitar! This class is perfect for absolute beginners. Learn the parts of the instrument, holding techniques, each string and how they work individually as well as with one another. Students will learn the open position, learning each note for each fret, the C Major scale and all chords that fall within it, as well as additional open position chords.
Dates: July 10 - 28, 2017, Mondays & Fridays, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Instructor: Artin Mardirousi
Artin Mardirousi began his music career at an early age, beginning with classical training as a violinist. During this time, the foundation for his live performances was established, including performing as part of his hometown's City Youth Orchestra. With his passion for string instruments now plucked, Artin picked up the guitar and began a relationship spanning well over a decade. From live performances with myriad of artists to professional recordings of original compositions, Artin has fine-tuned his passion for music and has set his sights on sharing the joy of musical creation.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $80
Required: Acoustic guitar (nylon or steel string).
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 9, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.