Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1
Location: UCB 331
Learn the basics of guitar! This class is perfect for absolute beginners. Learn the parts of the instrument, holding techniques, each string and how they work individually as well as with one another. Students will learn the open position, learning each note for each fret, the C Major scale and all chords that fall within it, as well as additional open position chords.
Dates: July 10 - 28, 2017, Mondays & Fridays, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Instructor: Artin Mardirousi
Artin Mardirousi began his music career at an early age, beginning with classical training as a violinist. During this time, the foundation for his live performances was established, including performing as part of his hometown's City Youth Orchestra. With his passion for string instruments now plucked, Artin picked up the guitar and began a relationship spanning well over a decade. From live performances with myriad of artists to professional recordings of original compositions, Artin has fine-tuned his passion for music and has set his sights on sharing the joy of musical creation.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $80
Required: Acoustic guitar (nylon or steel string).
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 9, 2017Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.