Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea
Location: CH 6
Whether you’re planning a trip soon, or just want to take a “virtual tour” of South Korea, this class will help you understand, plan and prepare for your adventure. Exploring one province at a time, Aaron and Sohee Martinson will guide you in researching a range of possible activities and sites that may not be on the typical traveler’s “to do” list. This class will be highly interactive, involving lots of discussion and sharing of personal insights and perspectives. Actual travel to South Korea is not required to enjoy this class.
Dates: July 20 - August 3, 2017, Thursdays, 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Instructors: Aaron and Sohee Martinson
Instructor Bio: Aaron Martinson lived in South Korea for 8 years, where he was a writer, radio personality and professor. He was also an editor for the Korean Tourism Organization and wrote for magazines such as Seoul Select and Seoul Magazine. Sohee Lee is a native of South Korea, and was formerly a South Korean National Judo player and coach. She has been teaching Korean culture and cooking classes with CCECS, and is currently developing her own business related to Korean food.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of July 16, 2017||Next →|
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 23 & Saturday, February 24 features performances from around the world. ...
- Campus and Community Service Book Drive
- Campus and Community Service, a Campus Center Fee Board program, is holding their 2nd annual Book Drive in conjunction with Read Across America. We are collecting children's books to donate to local elementary schools. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- Black History Month Events and Activities
- Black History Month (BHM) was established to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans, and to remember profound African American leaders who have left behind a legacy that has inspired many. ...
- UHHSA RISO Funding Applications OPEN
- Calling all RISO Leaders! Just a reminder, the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is currently accepting RISO Funding Applications for Spring 2018. ...
- 2018-19 UH Hilo Student Association SPRING ELECTIONS
- Want to make an impact on campus? Become a leader in your student association! The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) looks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body and serves as a liaison between ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.