Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea
Location: CH 6
Whether you’re planning a trip soon, or just want to take a “virtual tour” of South Korea, this class will help you understand, plan and prepare for your adventure. Exploring one province at a time, Aaron and Sohee Martinson will guide you in researching a range of possible activities and sites that may not be on the typical traveler’s “to do” list. This class will be highly interactive, involving lots of discussion and sharing of personal insights and perspectives. Actual travel to South Korea is not required to enjoy this class.
Dates: July 20 - August 3, 2017, Thursdays, 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Instructors: Aaron and Sohee Martinson
Instructor Bio: Aaron Martinson lived in South Korea for 8 years, where he was a writer, radio personality and professor. He was also an editor for the Korean Tourism Organization and wrote for magazines such as Seoul Select and Seoul Magazine. Sohee Lee is a native of South Korea, and was formerly a South Korean National Judo player and coach. She has been teaching Korean culture and cooking classes with CCECS, and is currently developing her own business related to Korean food.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 16, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.