Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea
Location: CH 6
Whether you’re planning a trip soon, or just want to take a “virtual tour” of South Korea, this class will help you understand, plan and prepare for your adventure. Exploring one province at a time, Aaron and Sohee Martinson will guide you in researching a range of possible activities and sites that may not be on the typical traveler’s “to do” list. This class will be highly interactive, involving lots of discussion and sharing of personal insights and perspectives. Actual travel to South Korea is not required to enjoy this class.
Dates: July 20 - August 3, 2017, Thursdays, 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Instructors: Aaron and Sohee Martinson
Instructor Bio: Aaron Martinson lived in South Korea for 8 years, where he was a writer, radio personality and professor. He was also an editor for the Korean Tourism Organization and wrote for magazines such as Seoul Select and Seoul Magazine. Sohee Lee is a native of South Korea, and was formerly a South Korean National Judo player and coach. She has been teaching Korean culture and cooking classes with CCECS, and is currently developing her own business related to Korean food.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of July 16, 2017||Next →|
- Accepting Applications for HOSA Chapter Executive Council
- Positions Open: President Elect 1(Fall 2017), President Elect 2 (2017-2018 SY), Secretary, Treasurer, Director of Community Outreach, Editor-In-Chief, and Historian. Contact Lark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Study Abroad Fall 2018 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2018 or the academic year ('18-'19) you need to submit your application by October 2, 2017. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.