Exploring Korean Cooking: Summer Foods - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Exploring Korean Cooking: Summer Foods
Enjoy the summer - Korean style! Learn to prepare a traditional Korean summer meal in this hands-on folk cooking class. Recipes originate from the Jeolla Provinces of South Korea and are homestyle dishes. Dishes will vary based on seasonal availability of ingredients at local markets.
All materials will be provided.
Dates: July 8 & 9, 2017, Saturday & Sunday, 9:00am - 12:00pm
Instructors: Aaron and Sohee Martinson
Instructor Bio: Sohee and Aaron Martinson bring a unique flavor to their folk cooking classes, thanks to their diverse backgrounds and fun and informative style of teaching. They met in Sohee’s homeland in South Korea, where Aaron spent 8 years as an expat. Sohee and her family own and operate a popular and successful restaurant in Seoul. Aaron has been an instructor for 10 years and is also a writer, editor, public speaker, digital artist and filmmaker. Sohee is a former Judo player and coach, who is now an educator and entrepreneur.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $95
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 2, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Independence Day
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.