Art for Everyone: Abstract Painting - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Everyone: Abstract Painting
Location: UCB 312
This class is for those with basic painting background who would like to explore the techniques of abstract painting. Darcy Gray shares her passion for abstract painting in this introductory class which will help students learn how to take risks and gain more confidence in their own way of painting. Students will develop sketches, play with perspective and focus, work with colors, then push themselves to paint intuitively and at different scales.
Initial supplies will be provided, including basic acrylics, pencils, brushes, palette knives, sketch paper and 1 canvas.
Dates: July 8 - August 12, 2017, Saturdays, 10:00am - 12:30pm
Instructor: Darcy Gray
Instructor Bio: Darcy Gray received her B.A. in 3 Dimensional Design from Birmingham City University in England. She recently moved to the Big Island from Santa Fe, NM, where she worked as an independent artist, taught private lessons and volunteered with teaching seniors. Darcy was recently honored by the Hawaii State Foundation in Culture and Arts with her abstract painting “Hilo Rain” which is now in the public Collection of Art in Public Places.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $125
Required: Basic painting background.
Students will need to provide their own canvases and acrylics for the final classes, as they will be selecting sizes and colors of their preference.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 2, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Independence Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.