Art for Everyone: Abstract Painting - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Everyone: Abstract Painting
Location: UCB 312
This class is for those with basic painting background who would like to explore the techniques of abstract painting. Darcy Gray shares her passion for abstract painting in this introductory class which will help students learn how to take risks and gain more confidence in their own way of painting. Students will develop sketches, play with perspective and focus, work with colors, then push themselves to paint intuitively and at different scales.
Initial supplies will be provided, including basic acrylics, pencils, brushes, palette knives, sketch paper and 1 canvas.
Dates: July 8 - August 12, 2017, Saturdays, 10:00am - 12:30pm
Instructor: Darcy Gray
Instructor Bio: Darcy Gray received her B.A. in 3 Dimensional Design from Birmingham City University in England. She recently moved to the Big Island from Santa Fe, NM, where she worked as an independent artist, taught private lessons and volunteered with teaching seniors. Darcy was recently honored by the Hawaii State Foundation in Culture and Arts with her abstract painting “Hilo Rain” which is now in the public Collection of Art in Public Places.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $125
Required: Basic painting background.
Students will need to provide their own canvases and acrylics for the final classes, as they will be selecting sizes and colors of their preference.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 2, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Independence Day
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.