ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
Location: UCB Room 330
You are invited to join Hawai‘i’s suicide prevention and awareness efforts! Register today for ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) which is a TWO-DAY workshop that will equip participants to respond knowledgeably and competently to persons at risk of suicide. Participants will learn and practice skills in identifying and responding to people at immediate risk of suicide. Just as “CPR” skills make physical first aid possible, training in suicide intervention develops the skills used in suicide first aid. This is a highly interactive workshop that will give you the training that you need in order to be a care‐giving resource within your community.
ASIST will take place on Tuesday, May 30th and Wednesday, May 31st from 7:45AM-4PM (both days) at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo, 200 West Kawili Street, UCB Room 330.
Attendees must be present for BOTH FULL DAYS to receive certification. Meals will NOT be provided, but there will be ample time to purchase lunch on or off-site. Please be on time – late-comers may be turned away.
To register for ASIST go online to: www.eventbrite.com/e/asist-training-hilo-may-2017-tickets-34127740992
Pre-registration is necessary to attend this training session. Your reservation will be confirmed via email.
For questions about the training please contact Yolisa Duley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions about registration email email@example.com
For disability accommodations, please contact Yolisa Duley at 932-7848 or firstname.lastname@example.org; 932-7002(TTY) by 5/221/2017.
Please note: Those who are grieving a recent loss to suicide (within 2 years), or are currently struggling, may find attending a suicide prevention training very difficult. Please take the time to truly evaluate your readiness to attend any suicide prevention trainings.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273- TALK (8255)
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7963
What's also happening?
|Week of May 28, 2017||Next →|
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- Veterans Honor Cord for Fall 2017 Graduation Ceremony
- Are you graduating this semester? UH Hilo now offers a red, white, and blue honor cord to wear on your gown during the commencement ceremony. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF General Scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. ...
- 2018-19 FAFSA Available Now
- Effective October 1, 2017, students can complete their 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2018. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.