ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
You are invited to join Hawai‘i’s suicide prevention and awareness efforts! Register today for ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) which is a TWO-DAY workshop that will equip participants to respond knowledgeably and competently to persons at risk of suicide. Participants will learn and practice skills in identifying and responding to people at immediate risk of suicide. Just as “CPR” skills make physical first aid possible, training in suicide intervention develops the skills used in suicide first aid. This is a highly interactive workshop that will give you the training that you need in order to be a care‐giving resource within your community.
ASIST will take place on Tuesday, May 30th and Wednesday, May 31st from 7:45AM-4PM (both days) at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo, 200 West Kawili Street, UCB Room 330.
Attendees must be present for BOTH FULL DAYS to receive certification. Meals will NOT be provided, but there will be ample time to purchase lunch on or off-site. Please be on time – late-comers may be turned away.
To register for ASIST go online to: www.eventbrite.com/e/asist-training-hilo-may-2017-tickets-34127740992
Pre-registration is necessary to attend this training session. Your reservation will be confirmed via email.
For questions about the training please contact Yolisa Duley (email@example.com).
For questions about registration email firstname.lastname@example.org
For disability accommodations, please contact Yolisa Duley at 932-7848 or email@example.com; 932-7002(TTY) by 5/221/2017.
Please note: Those who are grieving a recent loss to suicide (within 2 years), or are currently struggling, may find attending a suicide prevention training very difficult. Please take the time to truly evaluate your readiness to attend any suicide prevention trainings.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273- TALK (8255)
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7963
What's also happening?
|Week of May 28, 2017||Next →|
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Apply for the APIASF AANAPISI scholarship! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. ...
- ASD Student Support Group
- ASD Student Support Group The ASD Support Group is for students who are part of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. ...
- Fall 2017 Support Groups
- Counseling Services Present: Fall 2017 Counseling & Support Groups All UH Hilo students are welcome! There is no charge for our services. All services respect your privacy and confidentiality. ...
- Support for Students with Disabilities Group
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric or other disabilities. ...
- Women's Support Group
- The UH Hilo Counseling Center Women's Support Group, is for female students that are seeking to provide and receive support from other like-minded women, please join us for a time of healing, sharing and empowerment. ...
- New to UH Hilo Support Group
- Transitioning to Campus Life can be difficult. Students new to the University of Hawaii at Hilo are invited to join us for a time to connect, share and get support in your new journey. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF General Scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.