ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
You are invited to join Hawai‘i’s suicide prevention and awareness efforts! Register today for ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) which is a TWO-DAY workshop that will equip participants to respond knowledgeably and competently to persons at risk of suicide. Participants will learn and practice skills in identifying and responding to people at immediate risk of suicide. Just as “CPR” skills make physical first aid possible, training in suicide intervention develops the skills used in suicide first aid. This is a highly interactive workshop that will give you the training that you need in order to be a care‐giving resource within your community.
ASIST will take place on Tuesday, May 30th and Wednesday, May 31st from 7:45AM-4PM (both days) at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo, 200 West Kawili Street, UCB Room 330.
Attendees must be present for BOTH FULL DAYS to receive certification. Meals will NOT be provided, but there will be ample time to purchase lunch on or off-site. Please be on time – late-comers may be turned away.
To register for ASIST go online to: www.eventbrite.com/e/asist-training-hilo-may-2017-tickets-34127740992
Pre-registration is necessary to attend this training session. Your reservation will be confirmed via email.
For questions about the training please contact Yolisa Duley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions about registration email email@example.com
For disability accommodations, please contact Yolisa Duley at 932-7848 or firstname.lastname@example.org; 932-7002(TTY) by 5/221/2017.
Please note: Those who are grieving a recent loss to suicide (within 2 years), or are currently struggling, may find attending a suicide prevention training very difficult. Please take the time to truly evaluate your readiness to attend any suicide prevention trainings.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273- TALK (8255)
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7963
What's also happening?
Week of May 28, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.