Earth Day Career Conversations - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Earth Day Career Conversations
Location: Student Services Center, room W-201
Hosted by the UH Hilo Advising and Career Center, this event will
feature a panel of professionals who can provide insight on how to
secure employment, current job trends, and other information on
how to prepare for employment in fields focused on the
sustainability of natural resources.
Panelists scheduled to speak will include:
Monika Frazier, Program Director Aloha Kuamoʻo ʻĀinā. Areas of
expertise: Marine science/biology, research, management, outdoor
education. Monika is a UH Hilo graduate.
Dr. Gordon Tribble, Center Director Pacific Island Ecosystems
Research Center. Areas of expertise: Island hydrology, Watershed
science, Coral reef ecology, and Sedimentary geochemistry. Dr.
Tribble is a graduate of UH Mānoa.
Cheyenne Perry, Coordinator for Mauna Kea Watershed Alliance.
Areas of expertise: Forest, watershed & resource management, and
outdoor education. Cheyenne is a UH Hilo graduate.
Dr. Noelani Puniwai, Assistant Professor, Kamakakūokalani Center
for Hawaiian Studies. Areas of expertise: Culture and science,
coastal ecosystems, natural resources and environmental
management. Dr. Puniwai is a UH Hilo graduate.
Students interested in learning about current employment trends
for conservation and sustainability careers should attend.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7776
What's also happening?
Week of April 16, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.