Arthropod Diversity in the Subalpine Region of Maunakea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Arthropod Diversity in the Subalpine Region of Maunakea
Location: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center
A Maunakea Speakers Series Presentation by Heather Stever, held Thursday, April 20 at ʻImiloa's Moanahoku Hall.
Insects are all around us. Heather Stever will explain the difference between insects and arthropods, why they are so important in Hawai'i, and the role these residents play in making Maunakea what it is.
Stever recently earned a Master of Science degree in Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science from UH Hilo, completing her thesis on arthropod diversity in Maunakea's subalpine region. She plans to continue studying Maunakea's arthropods when she enters the Entomology-PhD program at UH Manoa later this year.
About the Maunakea Speaker Series
The Maunakea Speaker Series is a monthly scholar-focused presentation offered as a partnership among the Office of Maunakea Management, ʻImiloa Astronomy Center, and the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Department of Physics & Astronomy. This collaborative venture gives the community unprecedented access to fascinating research taking place on Maunakea and other topics unique to the Island of Hawaiʻi. A venue for scholars to share their stories and learn from discussion, the series promotes understanding and collaboration across all sectors of the community, while addressing the goals of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0734
What's also happening?
Week of April 16, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.