Indigenous Well-Being Through Education - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Indigenous Well-Being Through Education
Location: Lumi Pahiahia at Haleʻōlelo
At the center of our life spirit is our mauli. Much like a flame, the vitality of our mauli can be seen as an illuminating light or a flicker of a struggling flame. Education can transform lives and serves as a critical context for cultivating our sense of well-being (mauli ola). This presentation will provide a framework for indigenous well-being and some applied examples, strategies and insights to consider as it applies to education in Hawaiʻi, teacher education and accreditation. Presented by Dr. Keiki K. C. Kawaiʻaeʻa, Director, Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language. Part of the International Speaker Series sponsored by the International Student Services & Intercultural Education program and the United Nations Association-Hawaii Island Chapter. Free.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 935-7991
What's also happening?
Week of March 12, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.