QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: SSC W-201
The training, Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), is an evidence-based suicide prevention program that teaches gatekeepers how to identify the risk factors and warning signs of suicide, how to ask someone if they are thinking about suicide, persuade them to seek help, and refer them to the appropriate resources. Just as people trained in CPR help save thousands of lives each year by learning to recognize the warning signs of a coronary event and taking appropriate action, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and refer someone to the appropriate help. You can learn to save lives in this 1.5 hour training.
Please download flyer at: hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/counseling/documents/QPRFlyerMarch2017.pdf
Special Restrictions: If you have experienced a recent loss, especially to suicide in the past year, this training may be very difficult for you and you are strongly cautioned against attending.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7848
What's also happening?
Week of March 5, 2017Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.