QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: SSC W-201
The training, Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), is an evidence-based suicide prevention program that teaches gatekeepers how to identify the risk factors and warning signs of suicide, how to ask someone if they are thinking about suicide, persuade them to seek help, and refer them to the appropriate resources. Just as people trained in CPR help save thousands of lives each year by learning to recognize the warning signs of a coronary event and taking appropriate action, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and refer someone to the appropriate help. You can learn to save lives in this 1.5 hour training.
Please download flyer at: hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/counseling/documents/QPRFlyerMarch2017.pdf
Special Restrictions: If you have experienced a recent loss, especially to suicide in the past year, this training may be very difficult for you and you are strongly cautioned against attending.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7848
What's also happening?
Week of March 5, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.