Meet Me In Paris - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Meet Me In Paris
Location: Performing Arts Center
“Meet Me In Paris” and dance the night away to the acclaimed sound of the Hot Club of San Francisco featuring the popular French vocalist Isabelle Fontaine. The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center’s annual fundraiser will be held on Thursday, March 2nd. The evening begins at 7:00 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres, patisserie and beverages generously donated by AJ & Sons Catering, Akmal’s Indian Kitchen, Big Island Delights, Big Island Juice Co., Café Pesto, Hilo Bake Shop, Hilo Hawaiian Hotel, Ken's House of Pancakes, Le Magic Pan, Moostruck Patisserie, Pineapples Island Fresh Cuisine, Short n Sweet Bakery, Sodexo Campus Dining Services, Sweet Cane Café and Wiki Fresh.
The concert and dancing begin at 7:30 p.m. You can dance to your hearts content on the Performing Arts Center Stage, or enjoy the music and other guests dance moves from the comfort of a theatre seat, to Love songs and driving gypsy jazz. The two are a combination made famous during the 20’s and 30’s in Paris by the legendary Hot Club de France, Django Reinhardt, and Stephane Grappelli. The Hot Club’s unique sound of gypsy jazz reflects the inter-wartime collection of cultures. Keep time with the strum of the rhythm guitars and let the magical guitar and fiddle solos take you on a ride down the Seine and through the heart of the city. Ms. Fontaine’s mix of sweet and sultry songs adds a touch of beauty and authenticity that echoes the historic Ville-Lumière, “the city of light”.
Surprise Boxes will be available for $15 and are stuffed with fabulous prizes donated by local businesses. You could find a stay for two at the scenic Palms Cliff House or a beautiful koa bowl in your box!
Don’t miss this fun filled evening, invoking an unforgettable Parisian experience, wile supporting the arts and education is east Hawai’i.
We are grateful to our corporate sponsor GW Construction for their generous support. The proceeds of this event will benefit the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Scholarship Fund, and the Center’s educational outreach programs.
Read more at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu/special-events.php#hotclub
Special Restrictions: Tickets are $45 and available by calling the UH Hilo Box Office at 932-7490 or ordering online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of February 26, 2017||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.