Meet Me In Paris - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Meet Me In Paris
Location: Performing Arts Center
“Meet Me In Paris” and dance the night away to the acclaimed sound of the Hot Club of San Francisco featuring the popular French vocalist Isabelle Fontaine. The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center’s annual fundraiser will be held on Thursday, March 2nd. The evening begins at 7:00 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres, patisserie and beverages generously donated by AJ & Sons Catering, Akmal’s Indian Kitchen, Big Island Delights, Big Island Juice Co., Café Pesto, Hilo Bake Shop, Hilo Hawaiian Hotel, Ken's House of Pancakes, Le Magic Pan, Moostruck Patisserie, Pineapples Island Fresh Cuisine, Short n Sweet Bakery, Sodexo Campus Dining Services, Sweet Cane Café and Wiki Fresh.
The concert and dancing begin at 7:30 p.m. You can dance to your hearts content on the Performing Arts Center Stage, or enjoy the music and other guests dance moves from the comfort of a theatre seat, to Love songs and driving gypsy jazz. The two are a combination made famous during the 20’s and 30’s in Paris by the legendary Hot Club de France, Django Reinhardt, and Stephane Grappelli. The Hot Club’s unique sound of gypsy jazz reflects the inter-wartime collection of cultures. Keep time with the strum of the rhythm guitars and let the magical guitar and fiddle solos take you on a ride down the Seine and through the heart of the city. Ms. Fontaine’s mix of sweet and sultry songs adds a touch of beauty and authenticity that echoes the historic Ville-Lumière, “the city of light”.
Surprise Boxes will be available for $15 and are stuffed with fabulous prizes donated by local businesses. You could find a stay for two at the scenic Palms Cliff House or a beautiful koa bowl in your box!
Don’t miss this fun filled evening, invoking an unforgettable Parisian experience, wile supporting the arts and education is east Hawai’i.
We are grateful to our corporate sponsor GW Construction for their generous support. The proceeds of this event will benefit the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Scholarship Fund, and the Center’s educational outreach programs.
Read more at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu/special-events.php#hotclub
Special Restrictions: Tickets are $45 and available by calling the UH Hilo Box Office at 932-7490 or ordering online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of February 26, 2017||Next →|
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Apply for the APIASF AANAPISI scholarship! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. ...
- ASD Student Support Group
- ASD Student Support Group The ASD Support Group is for students who are part of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. ...
- Fall 2017 Support Groups
- Counseling Services Present: Fall 2017 Counseling & Support Groups All UH Hilo students are welcome! There is no charge for our services. All services respect your privacy and confidentiality. ...
- Support for Students with Disabilities Group
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric or other disabilities. ...
- Women's Support Group
- The UH Hilo Counseling Center Women's Support Group, is for female students that are seeking to provide and receive support from other like-minded women, please join us for a time of healing, sharing and empowerment. ...
- New to UH Hilo Support Group
- Transitioning to Campus Life can be difficult. Students new to the University of Hawaii at Hilo are invited to join us for a time to connect, share and get support in your new journey. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF General Scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.