Night Photography Field Course Part 2 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Night Photography Field Course Part 2
Location: PB 7
A continuation of our Night Photography Field course. Students will further explore different techniques for taking photos of more difficult low light subjects, like the night sky and Milky Way. We will also discuss and play with special effects using your DSLR camera. This is a hands on, in the field, course. Weather permitting, potential locations include traveling to Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and the night glow from Halema'uma'u crater.
February 25 & 26, 2017
Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 8:30pm
Dr. Michelle Shuey is a UH Hilo Geography and Environmental Science faculty and has been semi-professional landscape photographer for over 10 years. Dr. Shuey is Pennsylvania native, who has won numerous photographic awards for her creative photography.
Special Restrictions: Required: Student provided Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) or mirrorless Camera, zoom lens, wide angle lens (fish eye if you have one), remote shutter release, and tripod. Bring cold weather clothes for trips up the mountain. Call for more information.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of February 19, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.