Plant Propagation FUNdamentals - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Plant Propagation FUNdamentals
Location: UH Hilo Ag Farm
Root cuttings, air layering, and other methods of plant propagation are centuries-old ways of preserving and reproducing the most valuable varieties of cultivated plants. Learn the basics of plant propagation, including varietal selection, propagation tools, rooting-out environment, and other methods for rapidly expanding the plant biodiversity for your garden, homestead, or farm. A handout of practical readings and resources for further learning is also included.
April 8, 2017, Saturday
9:00am - 12:00pm
One part ecologist, one part horticulturist, one part land planner, instructor Zach Mermel’s work and education in ecological design have taken him across the Hawaiian archipelago, the U.S. mainland, and beyond. An interdisciplinary designer, Zach’s undergraduate studies blended environmental science, economics, and social psychology. He also holds a master’s degree in ecological design from the Conway School. Born and raised on Hawai’i Island, Zach is intimately familiar with the different microclimates and multifunctional plants and animals of our unique island home.
Special Restrictions: Required: Bring seeds that you would like to propagate or learn about. This class will be held outdoors. Weather-appropriate clothing and bug repellent are recommended.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of April 2, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.