Plant Propagation FUNdamentals - Event Details
Plant Propagation FUNdamentals
Location: UH Hilo Ag Farm
Root cuttings, air layering, and other methods of plant propagation are centuries-old ways of preserving and reproducing the most valuable varieties of cultivated plants. Learn the basics of plant propagation, including varietal selection, propagation tools, rooting-out environment, and other methods for rapidly expanding the plant biodiversity for your garden, homestead, or farm. A handout of practical readings and resources for further learning is also included.
April 8, 2017, Saturday
9:00am - 12:00pm
One part ecologist, one part horticulturist, one part land planner, instructor Zach Mermel’s work and education in ecological design have taken him across the Hawaiian archipelago, the U.S. mainland, and beyond. An interdisciplinary designer, Zach’s undergraduate studies blended environmental science, economics, and social psychology. He also holds a master’s degree in ecological design from the Conway School. Born and raised on Hawai’i Island, Zach is intimately familiar with the different microclimates and multifunctional plants and animals of our unique island home.
Special Restrictions: Required: Bring seeds that you would like to propagate or learn about. This class will be held outdoors. Weather-appropriate clothing and bug repellent are recommended.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of April 2, 2017||Next →|
TBD Women's Golf
TBD Women's Golf
TBD Women's Golf
- Join the SISTA Project!
- Calling all you ladies out there! UH Hilo Student Health & Wellness Programs is now recruiting for the Spring 2017 SISTA Project! This is an all-women's empowerment workshop designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- Campus & Community Service Hunger Banquet Video Competition
- Campus and Community Services invites you to participate in our Hunger Banquet Video Competition. Please submit a short 3-5 minute video answering the question "How do YOU plan to end hunger?" All videos will be showcased on April 7, 2017 at ...
- Call for Nominations- Ka Lama Ku Recognition Awards
- Nominations are now being accepted for the UH Hilo's Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards for the 2016-2017 school year. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series continues into this Spring 2017 Semester with a Certificate of Leadership for students who complete and attend 7+ leadership sessions. ...
- CSO Recruitment and Application Deadlines
- Want to get involved on campus? Consider joining one of the UH Hilo Chartered Student Organizations (CSOs)! These are the organizations that received your mandatory student organization fees. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- RISO Registration Form now Available
- Attention UH Hilo Students: The CCS office is now accepting RISO registration forms for the 2016-2017 school year. For more information or to view the application and requirements please visit the RISO webpage: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Career Connections
- The Career and Academic Advising Center is hosting a series of information sessions called Career Connections this spring semester. These sessions will feature businesses and employers and allow students to interact in a more intimate setting. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.