The Paths We Cross - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Paths We Cross
Location: East Hawaii Cultural Center (141 Kalakaua Street)
The UH Hilo Humanities Division wishes to invite all students, faculty, and staff to the opening of a major art exhibition featuring two individuals from Korea--Mrs. Haekyung Seo, the Director of the Korea National Art Association, whose calligraphy includes topics related to the Big Island, and Mr. Byoung Yong Lee, a modern artist who spent the last decade of his life pursuing his passion in Hilo. Their works will be displayed along with the history of Korea and the impact of that history on Koreans and Korean-Americans on this Island. Local Korean-American performer Ms. Bonnie Kim will open the event with traditional drumming. Pupus will be served courtesy of the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs. The free event is made possible by major support from the Korea Foundation and the Hawaii Council for the Humanities.
Special Restrictions: Admission is free to the general public. Regular gallery hours are 10am-4pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7216
What's also happening?
Week of January 29, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.