Arirang: The Cultural Spirit of Korea in Hawai‘i - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Arirang: The Cultural Spirit of Korea in Hawai‘i
Location: Performing Arts Center
Enjoy and evening of vibrant performances that showcase and critically reflect on the importance of the cultural traditions of Korea. This show will feature a community-based choral presentation of “Arirang,” the song many consider the un-official anthem of the Korean nation. Also featured will be folk and court dances by Halla Huhm Korean Dance Studio from Honolulu and a multi-generational, diasporic piece that integrates Korean shamanistic elements into the interpretive storytelling of the recent tragic sinking of the Sewol ferry in Korea. Following the program will be a question and answer session on the importance of art and its link to Korean immigration.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7212
What's also happening?
Week of February 12, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.