Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available
Break Through Adventures (BTA) participant applications are now open and available for the Spring 2017 trip.
BTA is an eco-service program that supports students, staff and faculty volunteering throughout the Hawaiian Islands in a drug and alcohol-free setting. Students get the opportunity to experience another island’s unique environment and culture through volunteer work.
While on the neighboring islands, BTA members volunteer with agencies and organizations such as The Nature Conservancy, The National and State Park Systems, National Wildlife Refuges, and other environmental non-profit organizations.
BTA is a great way for students to learn about Hawaiʻi’s unique environment and community while at the same time working to preserve and protect it.
If you are interested in applying, or know someone who is, please visit the website for more information:
Final Deadline: January 25,2017
Final Payment Deadline: January 25,2017
Applications should be turned into CC rm 210 or 312.
If you have any questions, please contact Serena or Maile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Restrictions: Priority registration is given to current UH Hilo students. Anyone interested who is a not a UH Hilo student, please contact Serena or Maile at email@example.com.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of January 22, 2017Next →
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.