Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Break Thru Adventures Participant Applications Available
Break Through Adventures (BTA) participant applications are now open and available for the Spring 2017 trip.
BTA is an eco-service program that supports students, staff and faculty volunteering throughout the Hawaiian Islands in a drug and alcohol-free setting. Students get the opportunity to experience another island’s unique environment and culture through volunteer work.
While on the neighboring islands, BTA members volunteer with agencies and organizations such as The Nature Conservancy, The National and State Park Systems, National Wildlife Refuges, and other environmental non-profit organizations.
BTA is a great way for students to learn about Hawaiʻi’s unique environment and community while at the same time working to preserve and protect it.
If you are interested in applying, or know someone who is, please visit the website for more information:
Final Deadline: January 25,2017
Final Payment Deadline: January 25,2017
Applications should be turned into CC rm 210 or 312.
If you have any questions, please contact Serena or Maile at email@example.com.
Special Restrictions: Priority registration is given to current UH Hilo students. Anyone interested who is a not a UH Hilo student, please contact Serena or Maile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of January 22, 2017Next →
- Video Production Principles, Part 1
- This free series is for registered UH Hilo students only. Must have a UH student ID # to register. Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Build a Successful Advertising Campaign
- This two-part class will walk students through the stages of building a coordinated campaign, from developing an objective statement through the creative and practical elements necessary for building on the success of your company. ...
- Art for Everyone: Japanese Woodblock Printing
- Learn traditional Japanese woodblock printing methods and techniques in this non-credit class. Instructions will include preparation of washi paper, image transfer, cutting blocks, and printing techniques, as well as some history and vocabulary. ...
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at go.hawaii. ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.