The Sacred Space Where Life Begins: Film Screening - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Sacred Space Where Life Begins: Film Screening
Location: UCB Room 100
Special film screening event of the award winning short documentary film "The Sacred Place Where Life Begins: Gwich'in Women Speak." Filmmaker and educator Aida Miho will be present to discuss the film. In the film Gwich’in women speak out for their sacred land.
After the film screening, Miho will discuss her new video series Standing Rock Women Speak and her activism to save the Standing Rock Indian Reservation in North and South Dakota. Free and open to the public.
Sponsored by Japanese Studies program, Gender and Women's Studies program, College of Arts & Sciences, Humanities Division and International Student Services & Intercultural Education program.
View a trailer for the film at www.youtube.com/watch?v=wufjxoVO-D0
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7213
What's also happening?
Week of January 8, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.