Antimicrobial Resistance: A Global Threat - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Antimicrobial Resistance: A Global Threat
Location: Campus Center Room 301
Presenter: Dr. Louis Lteif, UH Hilo College of Pharmacy. Resistance to antibiotics is an alarming increasing threat to mankind in the 21st century. Over-utilization of current antibiotics combined with the lack of development of new ones could lead to emergence of bugs resistant to all known
antibiotics. An effective means to combat this potential crisis is the development of antimicrobial stewardship programs coordinated on a global scale. Part of the International Speaker Series sponsored by the United Nations Association-Hawaii Island Chapter & UH Hilo International Student Services. Free and open to the public.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7467
Tags: international health
What's also happening?
Week of January 15, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.