Spirituality and Balance - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spirituality and Balance
Location: Campus Center 306
Join us for our final leadership workshop, "Spirituality & Balance" with the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program and the Student Activities Council (SAC). This training takes place on Friday, November 18th from 3:00 - 7:00 PM beginning at Campus Center 306 and ending at Jagger Museum's lookout overlooking Halemaumau Crater. Student Leadership Development Coordinator, Leomi L Bergknut, who practices meditation and is a yoga practitioner will be leading this training on leadership development and its connections to spirituality. Participants will be able to to practice and develop a consciousness of one's body through breathing and stretching exercises with a short sitting meditation. A balance inventory on daily management skills will be introduced along with thoughts of mindfulness and whole living. With weather permitting - participants will be driven to a site at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to do protocol and a meditation walk along the Halemaumau trail to Jagger Museum while taking in the mana (energy) and beauty of the landscapes of Halemaumau Crater. UH Hilo students can apply this session toward the Ka Lama Ku Certificate of Leadership. Transportation and a bento dinner is being provided by the SAC.
Participants who attend are required to do a Risk & Release form and have a current medical insurance card. A validated UH Hilo Student ID and covered walking shoes are also required. Pre-registration has been extended to Wednesday, November 16, 2016 by 4:30 PM. Space is limited for this training.
For disability accommodations, contact Leomi at email@example.com or at 808-932-7377, 808-932-7002 (TTY). This event is sponsored by the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program, the UH Hilo Campus Center Fee Board and the Student Activities Council.
Special Restrictions: Must have a current UH Hilo Validated Student ID, proof of medical insurance and covered walking shoes.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7377
Tags: Spirituality Balance Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership SAC Meditation Halemaumau Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Campus Center Jagger Museum UH Hilo Student Activities Council Campus Center Fee Board
What's also happening?
Week of November 13, 2016Next →
TBD Men's Basketball
- CCNE (Nursing) Third-Party Comments accepted
- The school of Nursing is hosting an on-site evaluation team from CCNE on March 13-15, 2019, as a part of the accreditation renewal process for the Doctorate of Nursing program. ...
- UH Campus Climate Survey 2019
- Attention all UH Hilo students: your voice MATTERS! The UH Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment and Gender-based Violence is available from January 22-February 22, 2019. Check your UH email for the "climate survey" link. ...
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 22 & Saturday, February 23 features performances from around the world. ...
- Active Shooter Exercise with HPD on Campus
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo’s Campus Crisis Management Team (CCMT) will conduct an “Emergency Exercise” on Friday, February 22. ...
- UH Campus Climate Survey
- Your Voice Matters! The UH Student Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment & Gender Based Violence access link has been sent out to current UH students via their hawaii.edu email. ...
- Sustainability Survey: Win $50
- UH Hilo students are invited to participate in a sustainability survey here: appstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ac7NWDxTxAgCKp Participants will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card.
- Black History Month Events
- Know the past, Shape the future 2019 Black History Month Celebrates the contributions made by Black and African American Individuals. Come Join us as the campus celebrates during the month of February. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- Read Across America: Join us!
- The Campus and Community Service office is looking for students to volunteer with us for Read Across America. Join us on Fri. March 1st, for a day of fun as we read to children at various elementary schools on the island. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.