Spirituality and Balance - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spirituality and Balance
Location: Campus Center 306
Join us for our final leadership workshop, "Spirituality & Balance" with the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program and the Student Activities Council (SAC). This training takes place on Friday, November 18th from 3:00 - 7:00 PM beginning at Campus Center 306 and ending at Jagger Museum's lookout overlooking Halemaumau Crater. Student Leadership Development Coordinator, Leomi L Bergknut, who practices meditation and is a yoga practitioner will be leading this training on leadership development and its connections to spirituality. Participants will be able to to practice and develop a consciousness of one's body through breathing and stretching exercises with a short sitting meditation. A balance inventory on daily management skills will be introduced along with thoughts of mindfulness and whole living. With weather permitting - participants will be driven to a site at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to do protocol and a meditation walk along the Halemaumau trail to Jagger Museum while taking in the mana (energy) and beauty of the landscapes of Halemaumau Crater. UH Hilo students can apply this session toward the Ka Lama Ku Certificate of Leadership. Transportation and a bento dinner is being provided by the SAC.
Participants who attend are required to do a Risk & Release form and have a current medical insurance card. A validated UH Hilo Student ID and covered walking shoes are also required. Pre-registration has been extended to Wednesday, November 16, 2016 by 4:30 PM. Space is limited for this training.
For disability accommodations, contact Leomi at email@example.com or at 808-932-7377, 808-932-7002 (TTY). This event is sponsored by the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program, the UH Hilo Campus Center Fee Board and the Student Activities Council.
Special Restrictions: Must have a current UH Hilo Validated Student ID, proof of medical insurance and covered walking shoes.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7377
Tags: Spirituality Balance Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership SAC Meditation Halemaumau Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Campus Center Jagger Museum UH Hilo Student Activities Council Campus Center Fee Board
What's also happening?
- APIA Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from the Asian & Pacific Islander American (APIA) Scholars! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards for the 2021-2022 school year. Deadline to apply: January 14, 2021. ...
- Martin Luther King Day - Student Life Center is CLOSED
- The Student Life Center will be CLOSED on Monday January 18th.
- Hohonu Submissions are Open!
- Every year, Hohonu publishes an academic journal filled with papers submitted by students. Submissions are accessed by the Hohonu staff and from there are either accepted into the editing process or denied. ...
- Kanilehua Visual Poetry Event
- The Kanilehua team is accepting requests for Kailehua to send out take-home materials to create a piece of "visual poetry" - poetry that incorporates elements of both visual art and literature. ...
- BOSP Secretary Open Position
- Open Position with the Board of Student Publications! Secretary Applicant Must be a UH HILO STUDENT IN GOOD ACADEMIC STANDING, HAVE A MINIMUM GPA OF 2.0, AND MUST BE ENROLLED IN AT LEAST SIX CREDITS. ...
- BOSP Publicist Open Position
- Open Position with Board of Student Publications! Publicist Applicant Must be a UH Hilo Student in good academic standing, have a minimum GPA of 2.0, and must be enrolled in at least six credits. ...
- 2021-22 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2021-22 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2020. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2021! Deadline for ...
- Now Accepting UHHSA Hilo Ambassador Applications
- Calling all UH Hilo students! Your UH Hilo Student Association's (UHHSA) Hilo Ambassador program is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year. ...
- RISO Registration for 2020-2021 is now open
- The 2020-2021 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 26, 2021 at 4:30pm. ...
- 2021-22 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2020, students can complete their 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2021. ...
- UHHSA Care Packages
- Aloha students! We at the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) know how difficult this academic year has been! For students who have had a tough time getting to campus, and for students who have had a tough time having ...
- UHHSA Applications Open! Apply Now!
- UHHSA Applications are open. The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is responsible for representing the entire student body and improving the lives of UH Hilo students via methods including, but not limited to, advocacy and ...
- Student Arts Association
- Announcement of Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings Meet your fellow artists! All UH Hilo students are welcome! Social time to brainstorm creative ideas for our networking and activities. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.