Spirituality and Balance - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spirituality and Balance
Location: Campus Center 306
Join us for our final leadership workshop, "Spirituality & Balance" with the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program and the Student Activities Council (SAC). This training takes place on Friday, November 18th from 3:00 - 7:00 PM beginning at Campus Center 306 and ending at Jagger Museum's lookout overlooking Halemaumau Crater. Student Leadership Development Coordinator, Leomi L Bergknut, who practices meditation and is a yoga practitioner will be leading this training on leadership development and its connections to spirituality. Participants will be able to to practice and develop a consciousness of one's body through breathing and stretching exercises with a short sitting meditation. A balance inventory on daily management skills will be introduced along with thoughts of mindfulness and whole living. With weather permitting - participants will be driven to a site at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to do protocol and a meditation walk along the Halemaumau trail to Jagger Museum while taking in the mana (energy) and beauty of the landscapes of Halemaumau Crater. UH Hilo students can apply this session toward the Ka Lama Ku Certificate of Leadership. Transportation and a bento dinner is being provided by the SAC.
Participants who attend are required to do a Risk & Release form and have a current medical insurance card. A validated UH Hilo Student ID and covered walking shoes are also required. Pre-registration has been extended to Wednesday, November 16, 2016 by 4:30 PM. Space is limited for this training.
For disability accommodations, contact Leomi at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 808-932-7377, 808-932-7002 (TTY). This event is sponsored by the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program, the UH Hilo Campus Center Fee Board and the Student Activities Council.
Special Restrictions: Must have a current UH Hilo Validated Student ID, proof of medical insurance and covered walking shoes.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7377
Tags: Spirituality Balance Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership SAC Meditation Halemaumau Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Campus Center Jagger Museum UH Hilo Student Activities Council Campus Center Fee Board
What's also happening?
Week of November 13, 2016Next →
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Call for Submissions - Hohonu
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Journal for Academic Writing is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 publication. The final deadline is January 24th. For more information please contact Hohonu at hohonu@hawaii. ...
- Open Positions for the Board of Student Publications!
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is currently seeking students who are interested in making a difference by getting involved in their campus community; forging sustainable relationships with students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo; and ...
- Call for Volunteers 25th Annual UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a
- Aloha Vulcans! The UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a committee is seeking volunteers to help with our 25th annual event. All those interested in volunteering are asked to fill out this form: https://forms. ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.