SafeTALK Suicide Prevention Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
SafeTALK Suicide Prevention Training
Location: Student Services Center, Room W201
Hosted by the UH Hilo Student Health and Wellness Programs
and the Prevent Suicide Hawai‘i Taskforce.
This workshop will prepare you to recognize and support a person who may be having thoughts of suicide. You will become a “safeTALK‐trained suicide alert helper,” which will allow you to move beyond the common tendency to dismiss or avoid suicide. This training also will provide instruction in how to properly connect a person with thoughts of suicide to first aid and intervention caregivers.
PLEASE REGISTER AT:
Questions about the training content and location can be directed to Dr. Yolisa Duley (email@example.com). Questions regarding registration can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7462
What's also happening?
Week of November 27, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.