Student Indigenous Health and Wellness Symposium - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Student Indigenous Health and Wellness Symposium
Location: UCB 127 and Off-Campus Huakaʻi (Excursions)
You are invited to attend the I Ala Mauliola Indigenous Health and Wellness Student Symposium on December 2nd, 2016, 9am - 4pm in UCB 127.
Registration Deadline Friday, November 18th
Students will have the opportunity to explore indigenous ways of knowing and ideas of health and well-being through various platforms including:
• Kīpaepae Wehena (Opening ceremony)
• Keynote Speech - Dr. Pualani Kanakaʻole Kanahele
• Student Panel
• Faculty Panel
• Off-Campus Huakaʻi (Excursions)
o Hoe Waʻa (Paddling) - Ola Kino
o Loko Iʻa (Fishpond work) - Kāne i ka Wai Ola
o Forest Restoration - ʻĀina Ola
For disability accommodation, contact Disability Services at 932-7623 (V), 932-7002 (TTY), email@example.com.
Sponsored by Mōkaulele Program, Office of the Chancellors University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Title III Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions Grant. Co-sponsored by the Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center."
Register by Friday, Nov. 18th. at this link:
Special Restrictions: It is preferred that participants attend the full-day of the event, however, if you are only able to attend some of the morning sessions on campus, it is possible to come by between classes.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7462
What's also happening?
Week of November 27, 2016Next →
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.