Break Thru Adventures Applications are Open - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Break Thru Adventures Applications are Open
Break Thru Adventures (BTA) is an eco-service program that supports students, staff and faculty volunteering during Spring Break 2017, throughout the Hawaiian Islands, in a drug and alcohol-free setting. Students get the opportunity to experience another island’s unique environment and culture through volunteer work.
While on the neighboring islands, BTA members volunteer with agencies and organizations such as, The Nature Conservancy, The National and State Park Systems, National Wildlife Refuges and other environmental non-profit organizations.
BTA is a great way for students to learn about our unique Hawaiian environment and community while at the same time working to preserve and protect it.
We are now accepting applications for leaders and participants. If you are interested in applying or learning more please visit: hilo.hawaii.edu/campuscenter/service/BreakThruAdventures.php or contact Maile or Serena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BTA is a program funded by the Campus Center Fee Board.
Special Restrictions: Participants must be current UH Hilo students during the 2016-2017 academic year.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of November 20, 2016Next →
Holiday observed: Thanksgiving Day
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.