Decolonizing Filipino Food (Community Workshop) - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Decolonizing Filipino Food (Community Workshop)
Location: Student Services Building, W-201
Filipino American Heritage Month at UH Hilo Presents...
Decolonizing Filipino Food
A hands-on experience exploring food histories and preparing food that honors Philippine ancestral and indigenous traditions, and promotes sustainable agriculture and community health. The workshop will be led by Aileen Suzara, a Bay Area based natural chef, originally from the Big Island, who focuses on sustainable foods and works to encourage healthier eating by teaching garden and farm-based workshops, developing sustainability educational programs, and hosting community pop-up dinners. Her blog, Kitchen Kwento (Tagalog for stories), documents and shares stories on the relationship between food, people, and the land.
Friday, October 14, 4:00-6:00PM
Student Services Building, W-201
[Event is Free] [Limited Seating]
To RSVP or more info: Jeanne Batallones, email@example.com, 932-7476
Sponsored by the University of Hawaiʻi Hilo Filipino Studies Certificate Program, Minority Access & Achievement Program (MAAP) & Filipino American Heritage Month Committee. Event made possible through funding from the UH Hilo Professional Development Grant.
For accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office: 932-7623 (Voice) or 932-7002 (TTY), firstname.lastname@example.org, SSC, Room E-215
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7476
What's also happening?
Week of October 9, 2016Next →
- International Nights Tickets on Sale Now!
- Celebrate the cultural diversity at UH Hilo at the 45th annual International Nights! The shows will be on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22 at 7:30 pm at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- Apply for the 2020-2021 UHHSA Student Election
- Interested in becoming a student leader? Apply for the 2020-2021 University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) student election! The UHHSA senate seeks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline: March 1
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for Spring 2021, please submit your application by March 1, 2020. Applications are available at: ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- Mandatory Advising (Freshmen 'Eleu)
- Freshmen, mandatory advising is starting soon. You are required to meet with your advisor. Please check your UH email to set up an appointment today. ...
- 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition Submissions Now Open
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting Spring Submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Spring Submissions are open now till March 27th. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.