Breast Cancer Awareness Day - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Breast Cancer Awareness Day
Location: Campus Center Plaza
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
SAC will be hosting its first "Breast Cancer Awareness Day"
Come to Campus Center Plaza and learn about Breast Cancer and the warning signs or resources available on UH Hilo campus and in our community. SAC will have many resources available for you:
College Against Cancer will be tabling and sharing about Relay For Life 2017
- Sign up to make a team or be a part of the Council.
Student Health and Wellness
- Will have information on Breast Cancer and resources.
Student Medical Services
- Will have resources for students to learn signs.
Survivor Sharing stories about their journey
- Survivors is everyone not just the ones fighting.
Patient Letter writing
- Write a letter or draw a picture for a patient in Kapiolani or Queen's Cancer medical center. "No one should feel alone"
SAC will have Arts and Crafts
- Prayer/ Keepsakes boxes
- Share a photo or a memory for love ones or a friend that is fighting/ has passed out.
Breast Cancer Key Chain making
- Create a Breast Cancer Bracelets
Breast Cancer ribbon designing
- Create a Cancer Ribbon for many fighting the battle.
Cancer Cupcakes and Juice
- Pink and White Breast Cancer designed Cupcakes provided by Sodexo.
- Apple and Cranberry Juice
Balloon Release Ceremony
@ 12:45 p.m.
- If you are grieving about a loved one or family members, friends.
- SAC will be having Heart Balloon for anyone that need to say something to cancer or a loved one that passed.
SAC Hope to see you all there.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7374
What's also happening?
Week of October 16, 2016Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.