Developing Leadership in Social Justice - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Developing Leadership in Social Justice
Location: Campus Center 301
Join us as Andrew Polloi of UH Hilo's Health & Wellness Program presents Developing Leadership in Social Justice and "Where do you stand if you witness gender based discrimination and/or violence?" Come and learn how to gauge and be an "upstander" when you witness acts or hear words that perpetuate the culture of being less than others. Learn the realities of sexual violence and the barriers that perpetuate it. 1 in 5 women and 1 in 33 men in college will experience sexual violence through their four year college journey. Learn to be better equipped as agents of change. As developing leaders you are called to be the change you want to see in the world. This training session is part of the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series sponsored by the Campus Center Student Leadership Development Program and the Campus Center Fee Board.
Special Restrictions: The Certificate of Leadership is available only to UH Hilo students with a validated UH Hilo student ID.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7377
What's also happening?
Week of September 25, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.