Pacific States Biennial North American Exhibition - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pacific States Biennial North American Exhibition
Location: UCB, Room 127
October is the month for contemporary printmaking in Hilo!
The Art Department at University of Hawaii at Hilo announces the opening reception for the Pacific States Biennial North American printmaking exhibition and symposium. The 2016 PSBN juror, Lloyd Menard, will give an artist’s talk, which will then be followed by the PSBN opening reception. Pupus and refreshments will be provided at the reception.
OCTOBER 19, 2016
5:30 - 6:30pm, PSBN Juror, Lloyd Menard Artist Lecture, UH Hilo University Classroom Building (UCB) 127
7:00 - 8:30pm, Pacific States Biennial North American Printmaking Exhibition Opening Reception, UH Hilo Campus Center (CC) 301
This premiere Hawaiʻi biennial exhibit showcases contemporary artists’ works spanning the United States and North America. The exhibition and symposium are hosted in conjunction with the UH Hilo Campus Center Gallery, East Hawaiʻi Cultural Center, the Honolulu Printmakers, the Donkey Mill Art Center, with support from the UH Hilo Campus Center Fee Board, the Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, the Howard and Yoneko Droste Bequest, and the Hawaii Community Foundation Laila Twigg-Smith Art Fund.
Six visiting artist-printmakers will be in residence at UH Hilo during the October symposium, which will feature a program of exhibitions, demonstrations, workshops, and lectures. All events are free and open to the public.
A full program of PSBN Symposium events can be found online at hilo.hawaii.edu/~art/psbn-2016/schedule/index.php
For more information, contact: PSBN2016@gmail.com (808) 974-7307
What's also happening?
Week of October 16, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.