Philosophy Conference: "Colony and Resistance" - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Philosophy Conference: "Colony and Resistance"
Location: CC 301 and CC 306
The Philosophy Department will be hosting the Pacific Association for the Continental Tradition (PACT) on September 15-19, 2016. PACT is a philosophical organization committed to bringing a range of philosophical traditions to bear on the unique sense of place offered by the Western United States. Look for our forthcoming open-access journal, which will publish essays in indigenous philosophy, environmental philosophy, and other meditations on the ambiguous places we find ourselves. This year’s conference theme is "Colony and Resistance."
Some highlights of the conference include: (1) two student panels from the Sociology Department and the Philosophy Department, (2) an interdisciplinary panel comprised of UH Hilo faculty on Sustainability, Resistance and Education featuring guest panel participant, Manulani Meyer, and (3) special dance and musical performances from Jon Osorio and Peter Steeves. The conference will take place in CC 301 or CC 306. The dance and musical event will be held in Campus Center Plaza on Thursday, September 15 from 5-7pm.
For more information about this event, please contact Dr. Chris Lauer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
Week of September 11, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.