Hydroponic Food Production - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Hydroponic Food Production
Location: UCB 331
Learn a method of plant cultivation that does not require the use of soil. This is a course for growers, farm workers, horticulturists or anyone else seeking to lay a sound foundation in hydroponic growing. The course, taught by Dr. Melanie Willich, focuses on principles and practices of hydroponic systems and will run over two Saturdays. The first Saturday will start with an introduction to contemporary food systems, sustainability of Hawaii’ food system, types of hydroponic systems, and plant growth, development & nutrition. On the second Saturday, students will get an introduction to soil chemistry and fertilizers, soilless culture, nutrient solution, plant culture and seedling production, as well as learn about pest ID and integrated management.
September 17 & 24, 2016, Saturdays, 9:00am - 4:00pm, UH Hilo Campus, UCB 331, 2 Classes
For more information or to register, please contact the College of Continuing Education and Community Service at (808) 932-7830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Restrictions: Tuition:$95
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 11, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.