Destination: Advising - Making a "Major" connection - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Destination: Advising - Making a "Major" connection
Location: Multiple locations
Here is a chance to meet both students and faculty in your major! Departments may go over requirements of the major, careers, internship, and research opportunities available. Hopefully, you will learn something new about getting the most out of your major, so that your progress toward graduation is an engaging one.
Each major is listed below, followed by the room where you can meet with a faculty advisor on Wednesday, August 17th. A map of the UH Hilo campus can be found at hilo.hawaii.edu/uhh/maps.php
Undeclared/General - Student Services Center (SSC), room 201
Accounting - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 127
Administration of Justice - University Classroom Building (UCB), room 330
Agriculture - Agriculture Building (AG), room 102
Animal Science/Pre-Vet - Agriculture Building (AG), room 102
Anthropology - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 277
Aquaculture - Agriculture Building (AG), room 102
Art - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 104
Astronomy - Science and Technology Building (STB), room 225
Biology - Wentworth Hall (W), room 9
Business Administration - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 127
Chemistry - Science and Technology Building (STB), room 305
Communication - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 111
Computer Science - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 109
Economics - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 223
Engineering/Pre-Engineering - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 109
English - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 108
Environmental Studies/Science - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 274
Gender and Women’s Studies - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 229
Geography - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 274
Geology - College Hall (CH), room 110
Hawaiian Studies Haleʻōlelo, room 211
History - University Classroom Building (UCB), room 333
Japanese Studies - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 104
Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences - University Classroom Building (UCB), room 207
Liberal Studies - (Email email@example.com)
Linguistics Haleʻōlelo, room 207
Marine Science - Science and Technology Building (STB), room 226
Mathematics - College Hall (CH), room 6
Natural Science - College Hall (CH), room 110
Nursing/Pre-Nursing - University Classroom Building (UCB), room 115
Physics - Science and Technology Building (STB), room 225
Performing Arts (Dance, Drama, Music) - PB-8A
Philosophy - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 208
Political Science - University Classroom Building (UCB), room 330
Psychology - University Classroom Building (UCB), room 245
Sociology - Kanakaole Hall (K), room 106
Tropical Horticulture - Agriculture Building (AG), room 102
Tropical Plant Science and Agroecology - Agriculture Building (AG), room 102
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7776
What's also happening?
Week of August 14, 2016Next →
Holiday observed: Hawaiʻi Statehood Day
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Fall submission now open: 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting fall submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Fall submissions are open now till December 12th. ...
- Priority Acceptance for Hohonu Submissions
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Academic Journal is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 edition. We encourage all majors to submit their essays and research papers. The deadline for priority submission is December 16, 2019. ...
- Mindfulness classes
- Student Health and Wellness program would like to invite you to Mindfulness classes. Hosted by Micheal Donenfeld who has received training from Vietnamese poet and monk Thich Nhat Hanh. These classes offer to teach you skills for life. ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Positions Open
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is seeking students who are interested in getting more involved on campus and who are passionate about digital media particularly radio and video. ...
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.