Evita - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Performing Art Center’s Amateur Production of Evita
Lyrics by Tim Rice and Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Directed by Jackie Pualani Johnson
With Musical Director Armand Mendoza and Choreographer Celeste Staton
Argentina's controversial First Lady is the subject of this dynamic musical masterpiece. As an illegitimate fifteen-year-old, Eva escaped her dirt-poor existence for the bright lights of Buenos Aires. Driven by ambition and blessed with charisma, she was a starlet at twenty-two, the president's mistress at twenty-four, First Lady at twenty-seven, and dead at thirty-three. Eva Peron 'saint to the working-class, reviled by the aristocracy and mistrusted by the military' was destined to leave a fascinating political legacy unique in the 20th century. Told through a compelling score that fuses haunting chorales with exuberant Latin, pop and jazz influences, Evita creates an arresting theatrical portrait as complex as the woman herself.
For disability accommodations, please contact Dori Yamada at (808) 932-7496 (V) or (808) 933-3334 (TTY) at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance Sales: $20 General, $15 Discount, $7 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under. At the Door: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UH Hilo/Hawaiʻi CC Student/Child
Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
Tags: performing arts
What's also happening?
Week of April 2, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.