Evita - Event Details
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Performing Art Center’s Amateur Production of Evita
Lyrics by Tim Rice and Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Directed by Jackie Pualani Johnson
With Musical Director Armand Mendoza and Choreographer Celeste Staton
Argentina's controversial First Lady is the subject of this dynamic musical masterpiece. As an illegitimate fifteen-year-old, Eva escaped her dirt-poor existence for the bright lights of Buenos Aires. Driven by ambition and blessed with charisma, she was a starlet at twenty-two, the president's mistress at twenty-four, First Lady at twenty-seven, and dead at thirty-three. Eva Peron 'saint to the working-class, reviled by the aristocracy and mistrusted by the military' was destined to leave a fascinating political legacy unique in the 20th century. Told through a compelling score that fuses haunting chorales with exuberant Latin, pop and jazz influences, Evita creates an arresting theatrical portrait as complex as the woman herself.
For disability accommodations, please contact Dori Yamada at (808) 932-7496 (V) or (808) 933-3334 (TTY) at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance Sales: $20 General, $15 Discount, $7 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under. At the Door: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UH Hilo/Hawaiʻi CC Student/Child
Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
Tags: performing arts
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of April 2, 2017||Next →|
TBD Women's Golf
TBD Women's Golf
TBD Women's Golf
- Study Abroad Application Deadline
- Are you interested in studying abroad for the summer 2017 term or spring 2018 semester? If so, please submit your application and supporting documents to the Center for Global Education and Exchange (CGEE) office by 4:30pm on March 1, 2017. ...
- Black History Month 2017: Black Women Breaking Boundaries
- Black History Month (BHM) was established to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans, and to remember profound African American leaders who have left behind a legacy that has inspired many. ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Group
- The ASD Support Group is for students who are members of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, semi-structured social setting. Group meets once a week. ...
- Relay for Life Team Captains' Meetings
- Are you ready to get involved with Relay for Life? The 11th Annual Relay for Life at UH Hilo is right around the corner on March 10-11, 2017! If you want to get your RISO, office, department, or any kind of team involved in Relay for Life, then ...
- Sign up for Relay for Life 2017!
- Relay for Life at UH Hilo is right around the corner! This year's Relay for Life celebrates our 11th anniversary on March 10-11, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM! Relay for Life is a nationwide event that celebrates the lives of those affected by ...
- Join the SISTA Project!
- Calling all you ladies out there! UH Hilo Student Health & Wellness Programs is now recruiting for the Spring 2017 SISTA Project! This is an all-women's empowerment workshop designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series continues into this Spring 2017 Semester with a Certificate of Leadership for students who complete and attend 7+ leadership sessions. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. Group meets once a week for 1 hour throughout the semester. ...
- Support Group for Students with Disabilties
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric, or other disabilities. ...
- RISO Registration Form now Available
- Attention UH Hilo Students: The CCS office is now accepting RISO registration forms for the 2016-2017 school year. For more information or to view the application and requirements please visit the RISO webpage: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Academic Achievement Awards Cards
- New Student Programs wants to help you succeed! Our Academic Achievement Awards Cards program is a way for you to be rewarded when you do well on a homework assignments, report, tests, and more. ...
- The University Concierge is Open!
- The University Concierge is your one-stop-shop for all campus info and hosts UH Hilo’s Bike Share Program and New Student Programs’ Academic Achievement Awards Cards. ...
- Students and alums: Set up your online career portfolio now!
- Have you signed up for College Central, UH Hilo's internship and employment placement site? www.collegecentral.com/hilo-hawaii/ Your college degree isn't a golden ticket to a dream job. ...
- Volunteers Needed!
- Campus and Community Service(CCS) is a Campus Center program that provides an educational approach to foster civic responsibility and engagement through active participation in organized service that meets community needs. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.