Black Arm Band: Dirtsong - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black Arm Band: Dirtsong
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Black Arm Band is a collective of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI) who are widely acclaimed for their distinctive music theatre performances, and celebration of indigenous culture, language and uniquely powerful visual imagery. At the heart of Black Arm Band’s ethos is their relationship with the indigenous communities from where their work draws its inspiration.
Performing with exceptional artistry, authentic storytelling, profoundly affecting performances and an artistic memorandum of celebration-revolution-reconciliation, this is one show that is not to be missed.
“Never didactic or preachy, dirtsong was a purely celebratory experience of a vibrant, living and constantly evolving culture.” The Advertiser (Adelaide)
“Up on stage at Hamer Hall on Friday night were some of the greatest performers this country can presently boast of…a phenomenon as significant to the national cultural life as Aboriginal art.” The Age
For disability accommodations, please contact Dori Yamada at (808) 932-7496 (V) or (808) 933-3334 (TTY) at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance sales: $30 General, $25 Discount, $15 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under. At the Door: $35 General, $30 Discount, $20 UH Hilo/HCC Student/Child
Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of January 15, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.