Okinawa Prefectural University of Arts - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Okinawa Prefectural University of Arts
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Visiting faculty and top students from the Okinawa Prefectural University of Arts will present an evening of Folk Dance and Music; Datuda female and masked dances from Kohama Island, karate, contemporary folk dance and a lion dance featuring male dancers. As part of the program classical dance; female dance, male dance, songs with sanshin, classical-flavored contemporary dance, dances originated from folk dances and Kumiodori, Okinawan-style opera will be featured.
This performance is sponsored by the East-West Center Arts Program and is presented in conjunction with the Hawaii Concert Society.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are open seating, Advanced Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $10 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under, at the door: $30, $25 & $15. Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of September 18, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.