2016 History Senior Symposium - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
2016 History Senior Symposium
Location: UCB 115
The annual History Senior Symposium marks the culmination of our history majors' journey toward graduation. The seniors enrolled in this course have spent at least a year immersed in the research for their senior thesis paper -- a 30+ page paper meant to draw upon their preparatory course work in their focus area and methods courses, as they apply their skills in research, analysis, and communication (written and verbal) of an historical topic of their choosing. The formal senior thesis journey begins in the fall semester in "HIST 490: Historiography & Research Methods", and then culminates in the spring semester in "HIST 491: Senior Thesis" -- leading to the symposium.
A variety of topics are presented each year. This is a result of our students being able to focus their history degree on one of five regional areas: E. Asia, Europe, Hawai'i, Pacific, or U.S. The symposium is open to all.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7122
What's also happening?
Week of May 1, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.