Sonic Sea [Documentary Film Premiere] - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Sonic Sea [Documentary Film Premiere]
Location: Science and Technology Building, room 108
A public screening and state premiere of the newly released film
Sonic Sea will be shown at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo on
Friday, April 8th, at 3 p.m. in the Science and Technology Building
The 60-minute documentary about marine noise pollution is narrated
by Rachel McAdams and based on the true story of a former U.S.
Navy officer. Ken Balcomb is credited with solving the tragic
mystery involving a mass whale stranding in the Bahamas, forever
changing how we understand man’s impact on the ocean.
Sonic Sea was produced by the Natural Resources Defense Council
(NRDC) and Imaginary Forces in association with the International
Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) and Diamond Docs. The film,
directed and produced by Michelle Dougherty and Daniel Hinerfeld,
features musician, human rights and environmental activist Sting
along with renowned ocean experts Dr. Sylvia Earle, Dr. Paul
Spong, Dr. Christopher Clark and Jean-Michel Cousteau.
The screening is hosted by UH Hilo's Marine Science (MARE) and
Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES)
View a trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-jabL64UZE
For more information, call 932-7592.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7592
What's also happening?
Week of April 3, 2016Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.