Sonic Sea [Documentary Film Premiere] - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Sonic Sea [Documentary Film Premiere]
Location: Science and Technology Building, room 108
A public screening and state premiere of the newly released film
Sonic Sea will be shown at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo on
Friday, April 8th, at 3 p.m. in the Science and Technology Building
The 60-minute documentary about marine noise pollution is narrated
by Rachel McAdams and based on the true story of a former U.S.
Navy officer. Ken Balcomb is credited with solving the tragic
mystery involving a mass whale stranding in the Bahamas, forever
changing how we understand man’s impact on the ocean.
Sonic Sea was produced by the Natural Resources Defense Council
(NRDC) and Imaginary Forces in association with the International
Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) and Diamond Docs. The film,
directed and produced by Michelle Dougherty and Daniel Hinerfeld,
features musician, human rights and environmental activist Sting
along with renowned ocean experts Dr. Sylvia Earle, Dr. Paul
Spong, Dr. Christopher Clark and Jean-Michel Cousteau.
The screening is hosted by UH Hilo's Marine Science (MARE) and
Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES)
View a trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-jabL64UZE
For more information, call 932-7592.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7592
What's also happening?
Week of April 3, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.