HawCC and UH Hilo Earth Day Fair and Conservation Career Day - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
HawCC and UH Hilo Earth Day Fair and Conservation Career Day
Location: Library Lanai, Campus Center Plaza
The 28th annual Earth Day Fair by Hawaiʻi Community College and University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo provides a non-commercial forum to focus on environmental education from federal, state, and local county agencies, nonprofit groups, and private organizations.The Earth Fair is free and will be held on the upper UH Hilo campus Campus Center Plaza and Library Lanai.
This year’s Earth Day celebration boasts educational videos, informational exhibits and science demonstrations, expert guest speakers, a food sustainability panel, environmental science skill-building workshops, marine touch-tanks, dance troupes, HICCUP Circus performance, hula, storytellers, face-painting, campus garden tours, an environmental career fair, unmanned aerial vehicle flight simulators, and many other engaging activities. Free plants, fruits, and other giveaways will be available throughout the day.
Conservation Career Day
The 4th annual Conservation Career Day (CCD) is held in collaboration with Earth Fair. The event draws local scientists and agencies in the field of natural resource management, with the goal to inspire local students to become environmental stewards and to pursue careers in natural resource management. This event is designed to provide information to middle and high school students, with a specific focus on local employment opportunities.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7259
What's also happening?
Week of April 17, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.