My Journey, My Voice: Stories of Life on the Autism Spectrum - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
My Journey, My Voice: Stories of Life on the Autism Spectrum
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Have you ever wondered what it's like to be on the autism spectrum? Would you like to learn more about the personal side of autism - not just what doctors or educators have to say, but what autistic people have to say about it? UH Disability Services has invited members of the autistic community to share their thoughts, feelings, and stories about life and autism, using the mediums of speech, poetry, and music. Neuroscientist and UH Hilo professor Dr. Stan Nakanishi will also give a short lecture about the autism spectrum. This is a free, public event. All ages are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 238-6280
What's also happening?
Week of April 3, 2016Next →
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.